Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
JackManganiello

This really frustrates me every day since search had become really slow to load, I find my self using playlist filter to search for songs because it's faster than the search function. Now both are equally as slow because I have to go through a sub menu and then scroll to get to filter. 

MicahMannPrime

THIS IS NECESSARY, I'll be in my personal playlist, and want to listen to a select artist in that playlist. So I used to just search their name, all my favourite tracks from them would come up, and I could shuffle play the tracks. Now it's impossible, you have to find the sort playlist in the sub menu, type in the name, and scroll through all the songs and add to queue. 

It was so easy to search and shuffle the search results before. It needs to come back. I don't get why it was removed. 

chris_v30

I did not know where the search bar was for the past 2 months and thought they removed it altogether. This is such a strange change as it just adds more steps to an already perfect system. I wish we at least had the option to have the bar at the top as it had been for so long. It's been 2 months since this post and sadly it hasn't changed. I'd just like a response as to why they changed it. I can't imagine anyone wanting to have to search through a menu for the search bar. 

Jpgchief
Status changed to: New Suggestion

I know it, I feel the same way at first  (IOS user but the same case), but right now I think it's ok, maybe is just or natural resistance to change. Or get used to at least that's my opinion!

Redinferno

@Jpgchief wrote:

I know it, I feel the same way at first  (IOS user but the same case), but right now I think it's ok, maybe is just or natural resistance to change. Or get used to at least that's my opinion!

I honestly fail to understand how does hiding the sorting/search button away in a subcontext menu is beneficial to the user in any shape or form other than creating a dumbed-down subjective UI. This is not a 'natural resistance to change' - It's regarding your customers as preschoolers with special needs and feeling the need to hide away and remove everything for the sake of streamlining. It's idiocy at best and is also exactly what I will definitely have to consider moving on as a customer.

felixeng

The status update might be the dumbest thing I've read in ages. The users clearly don't like it as inconvenient and adds absolutely nothing.

Collunz

Agreed

1995matthewb

What I find utterly perplexing is the "Songs" playlist thing still has the old filter functions, so it's not like the issue is technical. Just Spotify being utterly garbage at listening to the community and/or lacking in basic common sense.

Farbs

I know "I don't like the new thing" is a common complaint when apps update the UI, but this just took something that worked fine and made it harder. Yes yes, it's just a couple taps and a scroll more, but when you use search and sort frequently like I do, it adds up to really make the whole app experience feel clunkier and less efficient. Plus, before this change, the app would remember the sort method I used in each playlist (I always use "recently added") but now it reverts to default every time I close the app.

Again, the net result of this is to take a thing that was sleek and effective and bury and cripple it. I really don't see any advantage other than maybe saving a little visual space at the top of the playlist? If that's the case, make it a UI setting to show it or not and those of us who want the search bar can enable it.

If you really want to un-clutter the playlist view, might I suggest getting rid of the huge album cover collage taking up half the screen that serves no purpose at all? 

NewHireOnFire

Sorry Sethroph, and all users who may agree, but on the contrary, I actually find I use this option more often then the sort by... category. Because one of my main playlists, that I treat as my entire collection, has such a huge amount of songs, demos and remixes made by the same artists, I find that when I can type in a song and it gives me all versions of such song quickly and easier than if I had sort it by any other filter, that I don't mind the option there.