[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey Folks, 

We're marking this as a 'New Idea'. Be sure to add your vote! 

/T

Comments
chidera207

This is terrible design. It's common sense and doesn't need a vote. Also, the ''sort playlist" button is gone which is **bleep** frustrating.

aikhan620
Casual Listener

GREAT idea. I'd like to add that for superusers (like myself :D ) I have 100billion playlists, and I'd love to see a UI/UX feature where we could sort our playlists into folders and find a way to keep them more organized instead of a perma-scroll to find things. 

jordanchiapet

I recently switch from Apple to Android, and I really miss the functionality of a small bar at the top of my playlists to find songs. Especially when I'm trying to find something on the go, I don't want to go to the ellipses before I am able to search. Thanks so much for the update on this!

Yasar38

Nothing has changed. The search within playlist option is still stupidly hidden in a context menu instead of the magnificent working previous manner.

What I find weird is that in the playlist ''discover weekly'', it is actually possible to swipe down to reveal the search/filter bar. In other playlists, it doesn't work. I really don't get it..

Spotify: why??

rilsoe

Completely baffling to remove a basic search function in playlists - making it so cumbersome. And calling it a "new idea" is just cheeky.

Votto

Spotify! Do you have any update to moved back the search to the playlist main screen?

Tomacawk

Initially I thought this was a bug or something, but no, removing an important feature and placing it in an inconvenient menu was a deliberate decision. Was this removal idea even tested?

Thornblade

Even on a tablet this sucks. Bring back the old way!

xuckmylife
Regular

I do not Unterstand!! Billions of people want the old search back and since then there has been billions of updates but nothing in a positive way!!! Search still in the 3dot menu.. what the **bleep**.. who's idea was that??? Baddest step ever!!!!!!

Rizefall
Regular

There really wasn't a point for it to be moved at all. Who ever thought his was a good idea should get fired, before they do that though they should come here into the forums and tell us why it was done. There is literally no reason. Esp when you go through clicking the 3 Dot menu the search bar still appears at the top.

?!