[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey Folks, 

We're marking this as a 'New Idea'. Be sure to add your vote! 

/T

Comments
Majandi

Bring back the search bar at the top, I don't understand why is it present at the playlist menu but they hid it in liked songs..

MathewWM
Regular

Freaking gat dang YES.

pson
Music Fan

You guys are incredible...

You have a useful future that's working great that you all of a sudden remove and force us users to go through this forum and create a post about a great future that would be nice to have so you can mark it as "a new idea".

Are you so out of new ideas yourself so you have to remove some of the old stuff so you can reinvent it again so it looks like your doing something while at work?

Just like Samsung did when they removed the 3,5 outlet just to relaunch it on the next phone as a great new future.

You really think we are that stupid?

Mmaxwell7281

Bring this feature back to top of playlists. Hiding this behind a menu option is counter intuitive. 

Main95

This has still not been added back, and it is incredibly frustrating. What almost makes it worse is that it's a thing on iOS, so I see absolutely no reason why it was removed on Android. 

This just makes it seem like Spotify doesn't listen to the community

gnunard
Music Fan

I have given Spotify one star on the Play store each update that does not include pull down for search within the playlists and I recommend everyone else to do so aswell. There are over 1600likes on this post, and a couple of hundreds more on related ones. I've tried the other streaming services but I am lojal to and do not want to cancel my premium. But I will one star till the search is restored.

Joshua41
Visitor

It's not a new idea, it's a feature that was available that's been removed for God knows what reasons and that is still available on Apple devices.

When will it be fixed?

GBrady43068
Casual Listener

Added my vote. I tend to name my playlists after year of release and not being able to sort them alphabetically makes them show up out of chronological order.  😣

JanCZ
Casual Listener

I want to sort my Playlists by my own preference on my Android Tablet. Since the last update, this is no longer possible. I deeply regret that!