[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2018-12-06

Marked as new idea.

Related Ideas

Comments
ryan1010

I was so dumbfounded when I couldn't find it that I thought it was a bug. When it still wasn't there after I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I went as far as to contact spotify support. It was then I was told it was still there, but buried in a menu for some stupid reason. I thought it may have been an UI change when trying to get it back, but it is such a stupid design choice I couldn't believe it until I was told by the representative. It really makes me wonder what ulterior motives they have for moving it because there is no way anyone thought "Yeah...The users would love it if we hid the search bar." Regardless, I am beginning to look for other streaming services after having Spotify premium for three or so years now.

Swite_

Exactly what I was thinking. The main Idea of keeping the Interface clean and simple is great, but the tiny transparent search bar isn't bothering, especially as you only see it when you are on the top of your Playlist. 

Clean interface yes, but where is the point of it when you have a really full and not clean context menu. 

ritz23-cabz
Gig Goer

BACK IT PLSSS

louisthelight

It became a real pain to quickly make a queue of songs recently. Before, you'd just scroll up and search. Now, adding these steps make it very tedious to set a mood for an activity. I agree completely and hope they change that back.

mastershome
Casual Listener

This change of the search field is silly... You always searched at the top, playlist filter is on top as well.  These unnecessary clicks really don't work. Also when search does not find you what you need, sort order would be next (or the other way round). Same steps again. Just: No. 

Jamob33
Casual Listener

i totaly agree with that ;D

lerppasd7

I have some experience in User Interface Design and even for someone who doesn't, this is just outrageous. I don't understand why they would change it like this when it was totally fine before. Why change something that is good? I've never had any complaints about Spotify before but this is just unbelievable. Please change it back the way it was, asap.

Rising Star 1 cuepoints
Rising Star 1

Hey folks ,

This sudden change may be annoying. It just changed with the new version. I would rather use the actual version for awhile and comment about it later. With the next version we may see useful and improved features. 

By the way , for our questions and features '' spotify answers '' and '' find solutions and help others '' are helpful and improving.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/tkb-p/Spotify-Answers

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help/ct-p/Help

Happy Tuesday :)

Nicole1768

This has totally affected my user experience - in the worst possible way. Just FYI, Spotify, Aussies will soon be subject to camera detection for touching their device while driving. Fines apply even when you're stationary at a traffic intersection. Please reverse the superfluous steps you have added into what was a previously simple and absolutelt necessary function. Just whyyyyy?!?

chevolution

The worst thing about this change is that before I could filter my huge playlist by any artist and shuffle that little list I created. Now if I filter my playlist and click shuffle, it will shuffle my whole playlist...Dumbest change to the app I have ever seen. 

I honest to God have no idea why they would even consider changing this with no explaination. There was nothing broken about it...shame..