Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
chevolution

The worst thing about this change is that before I could filter my huge playlist by any artist and shuffle that little list I created. Now if I filter my playlist and click shuffle, it will shuffle my whole playlist...Dumbest change to the app I have ever seen. 

I honest to God have no idea why they would even consider changing this with no explaination. There was nothing broken about it...shame..

alv4

God. why ruin everything?
WHY?

PLease bring it back

berkaykaan1

Seing this post presented as a "New Idea" pains me more than it should have.

nigelvdv

If there is money at Spotify for developers creating unnecessary changes there should be money for bèta testing and UI experience as well.

Mhoelzel142

I came here to suggest this idea, glad to see I'm not alone. I use the search/filter menu all the time and now it's moved way out of the way to make room for (another) "suggested songs" feature.

kamikazeboy

They seriously need to change this back! I am really frustrated with spotify, they always find ways to "fix" problem that is not a problem. They need to hire a new app developer or something. 

P.S. Why do spotify have no integrated button that say "POST YOUR QUESTION HERE?" I need to google "spotify community question" . This forum really need a better web designer. How do you post this idea?

smackledorf007

Please yes. Seems like such an inconvenient thing to do on useful features that are so often used just for aesthetic? Also seems like a waste if development time considering there's so many things Spotify is still missing like genres, support for lossless filetypes, duplicate recognition, etc .

DevilGod

Yeah it is true, I always use the searching features to search songs in my playlist cause i have hundreds of songs in one of my playlist.

So I am hereby hoping that Spotify can bring back the Searching function, Thanks.

johankul

I'm annoyed that this needs to be a "New idea". I get that they want to make the UI cleaner, but it's at the expense of the UX.

I tested on another Android device, I need to exit the playlist after changing between ascending and descending order.

I would very much like to see how the devs come up with these "improvements" 

thezombiekillr9

Add this feature back where it was, it did not needed to be moved, that feature was the most HEAVILY used feature, besides, it's TRULY needed for playlists that have 50+ songs (mines 880+)