Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
peter-lasso

I am really missing the filter function right on top of any playlist. Having to click into the menu with one hand deteriorates my UE significantly. 

Tiresias

Couldn't agree more. Fix this!!

Helsing001

Well, I will be honest that I haven't read all the posts before mine, but am I the only one who not only dislikes , as the OP said, where you find this sorting inside the context menu, but actually found a bug with it? Basically for me the sorting doesn't work anymore - when I press the sort button it sorts descending , I press again, the context menu changes the arrow to UP, but the playlists stays sorted descending... so yes, bring back the old implementation.

Mdk12

@Helsing001 i also have the same problem, you need to get out of the playlist and reopen it. Then it's changed...

RazerK

Please change this back! It's still the old way in my discover weekly playlist and it's so nice! Moving search/filter into the menu makes one of the best things about personal playlists so cumbersome. It's bad design. (Great work on the app over all though!)

Redinferno

Seriously, I really don't understand why Spotify sometimes treats itself as if it's a hip new-age design studio. Guys, we don't need 'decluttered' and 'condensed'  menus, we don't need to have features barred or hidden until you press 4 distinct places just because it would look cleaner. 

It's dumb and basic, I want to play and manipulate my music.

This is a music streaming app- not some Fischer-Price 'My First Music Player' learning kit for 4 year olds.

carlosmattos

"New Ideia" ? Are you kidding me?

Madness, they shouldn't have changed it in the first place. I didn't even know you could still search for songs in your playlist until I saw this post. 

om142747

Yeah I find this to be inconvenient as well 😕

Aidan1111

Seriously idiotic that they changed this. What does it accomplish?