Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
bakasb

I've been so frustrated with what I though was a lack of sorting option for playlists. That menu is hard to find! Who scrolls up past the playlist image?

gioq21

You really need to double down on your Android user group testing.

The main reason I use search within my playlist is to find songs that I've selected for that artist, in that playlist.

Ex: I go to Upbeat playlist (3k songs)

I search for Phoenix, I can now listen to my top songs of Phoenix that I have curated and that will play back to back...

TODAY'S PROCESS: Tap contextual menu, search for search action (since it's buried), click search, then proceed to queue my top songs, and if I want to repeat the same song's, queue again

fedepiris

Spotify, i am giving you one more month until i change to Deezer, i just cant stand any longer of having no search option inside the playlist, and yes, i know how to get on the three dot menu.

fedepiris

Spotify, i am giving you one more month until i change to Deezer, i just cant stand any longer of having no search option inside the playlist, and yes, i know how to get on the three dot menu.

_-6p1y9p4mnrs

This is a huge user problem. The search bar was easily accessible at the top and is very important to me.

jounityö

I don't understand why this feature was moved at first place. I was very convenient.

Mdk12

Send a message to: twitter.com/SpotifyCares about this problem. Maybe it wil reach the devs faster.

tomasro27

I totally agree with this. iOS used to not have this search feature (on pulldown) and now they have it and Android doesn't. 
I always want to sort playlists by "recently added" and with the new UI change, it is so inconvenient to do this, that it really affects my experience with spotify. 

I hope you all bring this back!

p.s. It would be nice to have a default sort option, so that when you go to every playlist, you don't have to sort each one of them every time, but instead I could set default to sorty by "recently added" to all playlists. 

djantai

I completely agree. I feel like this is such a small change that it would honestly not take much effort from Spotify. 

The previous method of playlist searching was just so much more simple and intuitive. The one we have today is honestly a step back in terms of user friendliness and ease. 

Please, Spotify, I don't wanna switch to Apple Music.

Miminepho

I completely agree. This change was unnecessary.