Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Bring back swipe down to search / filter

I really like the addition of being able to sort Liked Songs by Artist and Album, thank you for that.

However, with that, it's been made unnecessarily more difficult to search for specific songs in Liked Songs by requiring you to push the top right 3 dots and then "Find in Liked Songs".

Please bring back being able to simply swipe down, get the search bar, and type in the song details.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to let you know that this feature is back! You can access it by simply swiping down on the currently opened playlist - a search bar and a Sort button will appear, allowing you to sort and filter tracks with ease.

Once again thanks for making Spotify better!

Comments
Mottikarp

I was so **bleep** when I discovered this change. The easily accessible filter feature for all albums artists and playlists was one of my favorite features and reasons I switched from Google Play.

Shyann1

I really wish we could have personal playlists to be sorted by song title. This way we can find a song fast and also keep from having duplicates. 

Mattie_453

When this disappeared from its usual location I was so confused, I use this button countless times per day. The extra couple of clicks to get it back is so ridiculously unintuitive. When you close the keyboard it disappears and you've got to go to the dot menu button again to get it back.

Sometimes for a car journey, I like to queue specific songs so search through my playlists and add to a queue, this extra step is really quite annoying. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to move this function that was not wasting any space at all.

deneo6

Sorting playlist by added date would be a killer option for me.  Missing this from mobile version.

gBasgaard

I've never come across a company/app that will consistently take away basic features that their user's love more than Spotify. After switching from iOS to Android, it's become harder to be a Spotify fan to be completely honest. Answer me this. Why would I be able to search all of my playlists by scrolling to the top of the playlists page, but I'm not able to do that exact same thing to search a song once inside a playlist?! The UI experience of the Android Spotify app is atrocious. All of these ideas seem beyond common sense; it blows me away that a company as big as this consistently strikes out on the most basic of functionalities.

BFettig

Honestly what the **bleep** we're they thinking this is a **bleep**ing disaster. It was hard enough to remove songs from your playlist now now they make it three times harder .Is it that hard to give an option when you're listening to your own playlist to remove the song that you're currently listening to from the playlist. What were they thinking????????

SearchInPlaylis

PLEASE BRING IT BACK! All I want is to delete the songs I realize I don't like within my playlist. I dont want it to take like 10 minutes, it should be effortless to search and delete within a playlist

Poutch

Even if theoritically I'd rather have it the old way as well, the biggest problem with this is that when you filtered songs before, the lecture queue would be created with the filter setting. While I can understand why it might be disrupting, if you just wanted to listen to one particular song, you could add it to the lecture queue, or clear the filter and click on another song to regenerate the queue without filter. It had one big advantage though, is that if you wanted to listen to the songs form an artist or from an album that you have selected in a playlist, you just had to type its name,and you would get a queue with the songs you selected from such artist or such album. With the new function, if you search for an artist and click on a song once it is filtered, once the song has been played, Spotify will resume normal playback, as if there was no filter. This is driving me insane.

hellerj8675

Agreed, whoever is in charge of their ui clearly doesn't understand accessibility. 

Soundofus

Any kind of search / sorting datas should be an evidence for a software working with tons of datas. So a search button has to be easily reached. There is nothing to discuss about that. 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com