Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
other_pete

Happy Third Birthday to the thread about the really annoying bug Spofity is ignoring!

3 years being ignored party3 years being ignored party

aramando

Perhaps it's not surprising that Spotify are neglecting at least one of their platforms' apps!

grbsoft
Well, three years now and counting.

Can't wait to see this bug riding a bike, going to school and having some
little bugs and then in about 20 years when nobody remember what a cell
phone was, finally say: Embedded-Spotify fixed it! Now you can order your
songs using your brain 🙂

I second that! Happy Birthday! 3 years! Wow! This calls for a LOT of
alcohol.
Carlomiranda5

Two years? Wow. I gues this feature isn't going to be added after all. I guess Spotify only prioritizes iOS users.

BLAYKIVXX

When's this being implemented? Such a core feature and this idea was posted 3 years ago, if its possible on iOS why is it not on android?? 

yakirboucris

I moved to Apple Music, you better do that too, with this lame customer support I have no reason to pay.

aramando

Was chatting to a friend who works for a takeaway food-ordering platform. He told me they have about 15 Android devs - and that Spotify has 5. That perhaps goes some way to explaining why they don't get around to adding basic functionality like this even after several years. Even so, I can't help wondering what it is those 5 devs do all day?!

CharlieDean1

Once we hit 1K Spotify might apparently 'waste' 10 mins of their time putting it in. Fingers crossed.... 

paxfool

I just switched over to Android last month and the fact that I have to break out my old iPhone to rearrange tracks in a playlist is ridiculous. This feature has been available on iOS for a long time and I'm shocked that it's not on Android. As a premium subscriber, this is really disappointing.