Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Google Play Payment

Please make the option to use Google play credit to pay for things on Spotify. I would like to buy premium but I am not able to since I don't have any of the payment methods. I have money on my phone in the play store. Please make it available to people like me. Thanks you.

Updated on 2022-03-25

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community!

We’re excited to let you know that this has been implemented! Users who have downloaded Spotify from the Google Play Store will have the option to pay with either Spotify’s current payment system or with Google Play Billing.

For more information visit the related Newsroom article here.

Comments
idannyplays

Hey Please, allow so people can pay from google play, all you want is the money right? So make it easier to pay for people.
Make it so we can pay by using our money from google.

An Expamle: (the image sent)

Screenshot_20170609-141709.png
MartinStoichkov
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-06-10

Marked as new idea and added tags to make it easier to find via search : )

This is a repost of the following inactive idea 

[What happens to the idea I submitted?]

OceanEyes

Hey there, I agree as well. They told me there was a duplicate post, so here were my original thoughts on them:

"Hey guys. Perhaps you have a few iTunes or Google Play gift cards lying around? Wouldn't be great if you could pay for Spotify Premium with them? I understand they want a recurring method, but why doesn't Spotify just give you access to Premium based on how much you pay rather than continously charge you on a bill? "

raijania

I really want to be able to pay for spotify premium with playstore credits. I will not get premium until I can use playstore to pay for it. It doesn't even have to be a paid version app, there should be a simple way of doing it within the app like I've seen so many times before.

wadba1

Other music providers already have this option, which makes it easier to subscribe.

Please add this option as soon as possible so that I can continue using Spotify Premium. 

Thanks 🙂 

daPoseidonGuy

Yes

Katviei

I just bought 120.00 Google Play now I can't use them this sucks

TripleEYE

How is this not already a thing?? 

Spotify being an android app, there should be an option to pay with the android way. 

Seriously.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-06-23

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.