Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Jelfar97

Give us this feature we have waited for years

SantiDope

be honest just tell us if this is DOABLE or NOT, am having second thoughts on switching from spotify to apple music even i have android now. listen and implement this and you'llmake your customers happy! @__spo__ please

sambler

How is this not resolved yet? This is the most egregious, insolent response I have ever seen to a simple, easily implementable process from a tech service company. No one from Spotify has given any semblance of a time frame to when this might be implemented. What is going on?

WhatsApp and Viber implemented their swipe to reply in the last year with no issues. It cannot be that hard to implement a similar function. Everything else about Spotify is great, love Discover Weekly and daily mixes, but I'm seriously considering another option if you cannot take this request seriously after 5 years.

Dutch16

This has been up here for 4 years, how is adding to queue in Android still so clunky? If it's not this solution just do something to make it a single action queue.

relmatei

For real tho, from our side it just seems like you're actively choosing to keep simple and useful features like this one iOS exclusive.

I'm honestly tired of companies that focus only on their iOS apps while ignoring or pushing aside their Android counterparts.

tobsam

A friend of mine (he's an apple user) was browsing through a spotify playlist on my phone - all of the sudden he said "Weird - swipe to queue doesn't work..." - since I wasn't aware this feature existed, I thought he was joking...

But turns out that since 2015 - that's 5 years ago, the iOS app has this as a feature... How on earth is it still not implemented on android?

GioAc96

It's unbelievable that this feature is not implemented yet. It's even more unbelievable that there is still no response by Spotify about this.

SantiDope

Just like Greta Thunberg this is unacceptable. If you're not going to do something about it then we'll end our subscription and pay others to develop or act on this. #longOverdue #tooManyRequest #actNow

siggeja

oh come on this is Ridiculous and clearly smth spotify should already be prioritising to make possible?? wh 

Panopamelix

Please Spotify developers, how is it possible that more than 4 years later this feature still isn't available on Android while it has been for iOS all along?

This would improve sooo much the user experience, and it can't be this difficult to implement... Just give us an answer at least!