Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Gurraa

Instead of fixing this feature they waste their time on a top 5 favorite songs feature no one asked for. Thanks Shitify

ahyt

Ok iOS has officially brought in home page customization! Spotify you can do it! Swipe to queue. It's your time.

gwillsea

Please please please enable swipe to queue. I don't understand why this has not been added. So fustrating the difference between IOS and Android. 

ArjenK

I switched recently from IOS to Android and missing this feature is very sad 😞

It takes considerable more time to add something to the queue and it's a feature that I use(d) A LOT. The idea is awesome and Android should have the awesomeness as well!!

ptorres35

It's been 5 years we've been asking for this, half a decade, and it always 'not right now' This is probably, easily, the most voted idea on this whole website but you still refuse to implement a simple feature which would make the Android experience so much better. Thanks a lot Spotify.

Choka38

When I switched from iOS to Android and discovered I couldn't swipe to queue I just cancelled my subscription ............ this is THE MAIN FEATURE of why I'm using spotify

AnnieMays

Is this really so unimportant as to warrant a vauge not right now status

Litterally everyone wants this feature, even people who don't know what this is don't know how much they want it

qnghuy

I cannot believe they did nothing in the past 5 years! Is it really so difficult to add this simple feature? Recently I switched from iOS to Android device and it's such a pain to use Spotify app there. Why should I bother paying the same price for the Premium subscription when I couldn't get all the features you offer for iOS users? Isn't this illegal? As I know Spotify is a Swedish company so you should know how the policy works in the EU. You must stop bullying Android users right now. 

Jonas51

Man this makes me so angry, you generally seem to prioritize iOS. I use an android as a primary device and found me using my iPhone to queue songs just because I got annoyed at the interface loading time on android.

Seriously, I know many of my friends would love having this feature. 

Come on guys!

P.S. QOL is a lot more important than some stupid 5 favorite songs and playlists.

I would be very grateful if you could release this before the next wrapped, the only auto generated thing I really love.

wez470

I commented on this previously and it's been several months more of no action so I've just cancelled my subscription. I'd suggest others do as well because other services have a better experience at the moment. I'd come back if this is fixed, but can't continue to pay for this disregard of UX.