Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
Rabvigil

Wow, it only took you almost 6 years. Good job. 

alexdouglasfp

I'm gonna have to check this on my Fossil Gen5 to see if its even real.

alexdouglasfp

So, I updated the app and there is no option to download songs yet... Great.

morreke

They just say it is avaiy on Samsung and Garmin.

Nothing on Fossil

Uurrghhhh

alexdouglasfp

The best thing is that the status is "implemented', even if it not implemented in all platforms. I'm tired.

Rhysmj

Gettng Spotify to listen

If you want to be heard contact Spotify support with the link below,

https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

Then click technical support, other issue, then I need more help. Send the link to this thread, tell them it's been incorrectly marked as implemented and ask the support person to open a case with the executive team as I did, we want the executive team to hear us.

The more people who do this the higher the chance it'll work.

kondado

Nah, @Rhysmj, not worth the hassle. Just switch to Deezer, TIDAL, Qobuz, Google Music or... well, you get the point. Let'em drown.

(For those who stumble upon this thread and don't quite understand what's going on: Spotify is playing deaf first, and since that didn't quite work after 6 years of people complaining, they are marking this as "Solved" or implemented if you want. It is NOT implemented because it only works in a FEW SELECTED OS's and specific brand models. So, no, it doesn't work on Android Wear, for example. Cheers.)

Edimahler

Just did what Rjysmj proposed to do here in this forum: Was chatting with Georg E for almost an hour now, a wonderful guy from the chat room. No pretexted answers (as many other agents are using in the chatroom) and many trustable sentences.

So they really try to change the way of communication about this here, what he said and there should be concrete plans to support more and more devices from Android Wear (wear OS) in the near future. Even though no promises and concrete dates, supported devices and so on...

As he reported the whole story to the devs, this idea should be reopened again, as I understood.

In the meantime for all those who don't own a supported device yet (like me too with the Ticwatch Pro 4G), I really propose to use Navmusic and normal MP3 files to hear your offline music. This is working for me as workaround for years now when going for a run... 😉

FedeHippo

Well i guess Ill just sideload the modified app again then...

<snip - Moderator Edit> - please note that as per point 15. of our Community Guidelines, links to unofficial Spotify versions should not be posted.

Go to the first comment

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-06-26

Hey folks,

We've listened to your feedback, and we're moving this to 'good idea, vote for it'.
We've edited the idea and title a little, so that the request is up-to-date with how things work now with the current OS available on modern Android wearables.

In the meantime, offline listening is now possible for some other devices, so if you're the owner of one of the following, please note you can find info on how to listen offline on Garmin Smartwatches here, and for Samsung wearables here.

We'll continue passing your feedback along.