[Artist Page] Filter on Album / Artist Pages

In the latest version you can no longer search an artist's page for a specific album or song using ctrl-f. Please bring this functionallity back.

Updated on 2017-09-08

Hi @promenad we're back to give this idea another update. We absolutely know this is a popular request from our users, but at the moment we have some other important items on our timeline. In the spirit of transparency, we're marking this as "Not Right Now", but as soon as it moves up our list we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and continuing to bring your feedback to us here.

Comments
bostrolicious

I don't even understand why this was removed in the first place. It renders Spotify a much worse player for personal media files, and needlessly gimps all parts of "Your Music" except playlists. I don't want playlists for every artist, just to be able to search their tracks. That's what the "save album" functionality is for!

I understand the reasoning for removing features so that the UI won't be cluttered etc, even though I tend not to agree (just put stuff in advanced settings), but surely it's just confusing for users that a command that works in one list of songs doesn't work in another, for no apparent reason? 

oboyitzme
Casual Listener

It's been years now and Spotify, you still haven't brought it back, but keep adding unnecessary other features. Can you give us a date on when this will happen? I understand there is a search function already that does a pretty good job of indexing but If I'm on the artist's page I want to search there and not bring up every other artist.

Sincerely,

Oboyitzme

- A Pilot Spotify User

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-08-05

Hey everyone. Please continue to leave your kudos and comments here for this idea--we're continuing to pass this on to the teams internally. Thank you!

high-fidelity

Just calling for votes is really frustrating. This was available, this is regression, and I don't see why it was removed and why reintroduction is declined for years.

Especially as suddenly my still used old 0.8.5 client refuses to sync playlist with other instances (browser, notebook) at work etc. Annoying.

ImProvement
Casual Listener

So is this happening soon? I mean with over 700 votes you would think they might understand that this is a feature people wan't back...

RedDown
Roadie

@Rorey wrote this 2013-03-06:  

"Status changed to: Watch this space 

Hello folks!

We're happy to let you know that we're aware of this feature's popularity and we plan to add this back. The feature needs some improvements but we know how much you enjoy using the filter. Please subscribe to this thread so we can alert you once we've implemented the filter on the new artist page. Thank you so much for the feedback."

3,5 years later and @meahtenoha wrote:

"Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated: 2016-08-05

Hey everyone. Please continue to leave your kudos and comments here for this idea--we're continuing to pass this on to the teams internally. Thank you!"

Should we vote for something you planned to bring back 3,5 years ago? Seriously?

Valdameer

I need this so bad

TylerHealey
Music Fan

Here we are over four years after this request to restore a basic and useful feature and nothing has been done. There are several other threads requesting the exact same thing spread out across the years. What a wonderful void we are all shouting into.

user-removed
Not applicable

On the ipad this is available ,you can filter on the albums page and seriously i love this because i can filter all 1990s alubms or search for a specific year,one feature that i really love so can't understand why it was removed in the desktop version in fact pressing ctrl f doesn't trigger any filter function...i don't use it for tracks but for albums and i repeat,this feature is really handy and makes listening to a discography much more easier  ....

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-09-08

Hi @promenad we're back to give this idea another update. We absolutely know this is a popular request from our users, but at the moment we have some other important items on our timeline. In the spirit of transparency, we're marking this as "Not Right Now", but as soon as it moves up our list we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and continuing to bring your feedback to us here.