[Artist Page] Filter on Album / Artist Pages

In the latest version you can no longer search an artist's page for a specific album or song using ctrl-f. Please bring this functionallity back.

Updated on 2017-09-08

Hi @promenad we're back to give this idea another update. We absolutely know this is a popular request from our users, but at the moment we have some other important items on our timeline. In the spirit of transparency, we're marking this as "Not Right Now", but as soon as it moves up our list we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and continuing to bring your feedback to us here.

Comments
TylerHealey
Music Fan

@meahtenoha

This feature already was added back months ago. However it doesn't quite work fully.

If I'm viewing the Albums view and I search with the filter text box it only takes into account the Album Title but not the Artist Name, even though the artist name is clearly visible on every cell, right there under the album art and album name.

This is literally a one line code change, it probably took longer to compose this message than it would to finish the functionality.

ant1
Music Fan

Oh yes. We need it back ! I opened a duplicate idea. So I'm pasting the idea I was suggesting. Maybe it will be useful when you will tackle this issue :

Observation

As some artists have released tons of content (albums, EPs, singles, "appears on", ...), it's often complex to reach the content you want as you need to scroll again and again - and sometimes wait for the app to load more content.

For exemple : L'Orchestra Cinematique : https://open.spotify.com/artist/4m1i53DaEliWzSkSFwqv5W

Idea

The idea is to add more ways to navigate in artist's different content by :

• Having a shortcut to content type sections (Albums, Singles, Appears On, Official Artist's playlist...)
  • Having a filter option to see only one type of content
  • A search box to seek into artist's content (album/single name, track name, date of release...) as it exists on library views (Tracks) and playlist views

This new navigation bar would then stick on top of the scrolling view when you scroll so it is always accessible.

lasuax

Wow guys really. Filtering "ALREADY LOADED DATA" shouldn't have taken 4 years to code.

or is this the biggest trolling ever?

Gil
Regular

I still miss the filter on the artist page. It´s hard to scroll through all release.

This must be really simple, cause this was one nices features on the old 0.8 - Series.

alldayaf

For the love of god please bring this back!

Astrausroi

What's going on with this? It's been 5 years and I still don't see any way to do something so basic!

TylerHealey
Music Fan
They don’t give a **bleep**, that’s what’s going on. This would take all of two
minutes to do but they can’t even agree that this is how a filter should
work. Yet it works correctly on the iOS app

guillensa

Edit:

So before the update, everyone's My Library displayed showing all of our Saved (and Downloaded) Artists in alphabetical order which was easy to use. We simply navigate up and down by swiping until we reach our desired Artist and find our song.

Now under Artists it shows 6 RANDOM artists, a search bar and "Recommended Artists" that are "based on the songs and albums you like" (which may or may not display all of one's Saved Artists) in NO DISCERNIBLE ORDER WHATSOEVER.

The wisdom of removing alphabetically organized Artists in one's Your Library is beyond me... 

This is a "no contest" feature which should be brought back. I would love to see Spotify's argument for how this new updated Your Library is an improvement (excluding the Podcast feature).

Bring it back please... 

Msalas

Hi, I've also found this new change in the library quite uncomfortable and confusing, I can click on "Save" an entire album, yet the songs are not in the so called "Liked songs playslit"? Do I have to individually "heart" them? That's not very practical. Save and Like are different?? But both functions mean that the user liked the song!

I also relied heavely in the "Artists" section to

find my music, sometimes I don't remember in which album a certain song is so I have to be looking album by album?? Not practical either. 

The user should not be forced to follow an artist for them to appear in the "Artist" section of the library, what if you just like one or a couple songs? I personally prefer to Follow only the artists and bands that I really really like without losing the other information. 

Thanks