[Artist Page] Filter on Album / Artist Pages

In the latest version you can no longer search an artist's page for a specific album or song using ctrl-f. Please bring this functionallity back.

Updated on 2017-09-08

Hi @promenad we're back to give this idea another update. We absolutely know this is a popular request from our users, but at the moment we have some other important items on our timeline. In the spirit of transparency, we're marking this as "Not Right Now", but as soon as it moves up our list we will let you know. Thank you for your understanding and continuing to bring your feedback to us here.

Comments
SteveBrammer
Community Legend

Still no explanation why it was removed. Was it a mistake? Was it intentional?

It's really irritating to have to ask for basic functionality that has been removed by creating an idea and having people vote on it, especially when we don't even know the reason why it was removed.

If it was removed because of some technical limitation that you're not telling us about then this idea might be a complete waste of time since it's never coming back.

More communication, more information, more transparency, more honesty. That's what we need!

qrty
Casual Listener

please, bring it back!!!!!!!

wordbabey
Casual Listener

I concur.  Bring it back. 

vinminy

I agree. Bring it back ! 

Crikker
Casual Listener

Never thought i needed this function so much until it disappeared. Please bring it back!

MrChozo

I know this has already been validated, but I'm just putting in my two cents. Please bring it back, this was one of my favorite  things about Spotify and COMPLETELY adds to the ease-of-use. 

Thanks!

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

I find it absurd that we have to vote to get this back.

Is Spotify seriously going to leave their desktop client without any way of searching within long album or artist search results, if there aren't enough kudos points posted here?

If the answer to that question is no, then this whole process is just a huge charade. Spotify should just come clean, say that it's a mistake that it got removed and that it will be coming back as soon as possible.

I'm not voting on the absurd question of whether the desktop client should have this function or not. It quite obviously needs it and so the question is redundant and I don't understand what we are being asked to vote for.

kaybee327
Music Fan

Got to agree

PLEASE bring it back

nycgadgetgirl
Music Fan

I didn't realize how often I used ctl-F until it stopped working. I hate the new update to Spotify for several reasons, but this is one of the biggest.

ridesn

created a spotify username to +1 this. String matching functionality sould be available on all pages, just like any web brower for the last 8 years.