[Artists Page] Show Playlist created by Artist instead of personal Account

One of the main reasons I signed up for an artist account was so that I could share the music that inspires me (as a fairly anonymous artist) with my fans easily, but having carefully curated a playlist I see that it now shares my name and personal account along with it, so I won't be creating/sharing any playlists until they show as 'created by *artist*'.

It seems that since making changes to the way artist profiles work on Spotify, you can now only associate playlists with your artist profile, rather than create them as an artist. This causes a two tier system, where artists who created an artist profile prior to this change can create playlists and have 'created by *artist name*', while artists who have signed up since the change cannot. It also means that, if I create a playlist and attach it to my artist profile, users will see my personal account, and follow that for new playlists rather than my artist profile. It just doesn't make sense.

This feature could be an option within the UI when adding a playlist to artists.spotify.com. Something like 'display playlist creator as: artist/personal'. To just allow people to show playlists as created by the artist name, rather than the personal account name.

CLICK +VOTE IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS

spotify.jpg

Updated on 2017-06-04

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Comments
digitalretail

Yes please! +1

I work in catalogue admin so trying to get logins for artists that no longer exist or have no management but still sell their catalogue is difficult - especially if the artist is deceased!!

Help us out here Spotify :( I just want to create a Best Of and Discography playlist that when clicked on, links to the artist's profile. 

kodexp
I think the programmers just don't know how to do it. I cannot think of
anything else ;)
Beamboom
Actually the Spotify support is really good and helpful. They assisted me
in transferring all my stuff from my old account to a new account created
with my artist name. That's the solution!

westicle

But the issue is that your new account name is not actually linked in anyway to your artist profile on Spotify. They used to do that and now they don't.

So if you create a playlist on your account and then someone looks at your artist profile on Spotify they won't see that playlist.

Beamboom
But they will, you just have to add the playlists you want to share in the
Spotify For Artists tool.
westicle

Exactly. You have to add them. They're not associated with your account. I could add your playlists to my artist pages.

Beamboom
Yeah that's true. But I don't really see that as a problem, or much of a
hassle tbh. Please do share my playlists. ;)
digitalretail

This idea has 163 votes now. Please Spotify, make it so that 'Created by' on a playlist links to the Artist's page and not personal profiles.

HeatStreet

Would really like this improvement.  Please Spotify :)     Meanwhile has anybody found a work around?  I saw this article about connecting your user account to your Facebook account (if that has your band name)?  But doesn't seem like the perfect solution. -https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Spotify-Username

DennisCastelan
Casual Listener

Why hasn't Spotify fixed this yet?