[Artists Page] Show Playlist created by Artist instead of personal Account

One of the main reasons I signed up for an artist account was so that I could share the music that inspires me (as a fairly anonymous artist) with my fans easily, but having carefully curated a playlist I see that it now shares my name and personal account along with it, so I won't be creating/sharing any playlists until they show as 'created by *artist*'.

It seems that since making changes to the way artist profiles work on Spotify, you can now only associate playlists with your artist profile, rather than create them as an artist. This causes a two tier system, where artists who created an artist profile prior to this change can create playlists and have 'created by *artist name*', while artists who have signed up since the change cannot. It also means that, if I create a playlist and attach it to my artist profile, users will see my personal account, and follow that for new playlists rather than my artist profile. It just doesn't make sense.

This feature could be an option within the UI when adding a playlist to artists.spotify.com. Something like 'display playlist creator as: artist/personal'. To just allow people to show playlists as created by the artist name, rather than the personal account name.

CLICK +VOTE IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS

spotify.jpg

Updated on 2017-06-04

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
I_Am_GJS

It's been two years since this idea was shared and nothing has been accomplished, wth?

Atroxity

I'm pretty sure it's a technical reason for it not being implemented. Else they'd just do it. An artist profile is not a user account.

westicle

It's probably because they want to keep the power with their editorial playlists. There are some artists that are big enough to create playlists that will be more popular than their own.

Atroxity

@westicle 
Any artist can add playlists to their profile and promote them. They (or their management) can also create a real user related to the artist and create the playlists under that name. So that sounds unlikely.

westicle

@Atroxity 

Yeah that's a good point. I just don't believe it's a tech issue. It's simple for them to do it and they used to actually do it so they have a reason for getting rid of it.

C_Berner

WE NEED THIS ASAP. PLEASE. SPOTIFY DO SOMETHING.

Billy_B_Drums

YES! I want to share playlists as my band, not me personally. Make it happen for the little guys and gals!

julianbradley95

I am starting an Artist account and I have a playlist with 20k followers on my personal user account.. Need to transfer it over to the new account.. Surely they can fix this? Seems like a no brainer to me.