[Artists Page] Show Playlist created by Artist instead of personal Account

One of the main reasons I signed up for an artist account was so that I could share the music that inspires me (as a fairly anonymous artist) with my fans easily, but having carefully curated a playlist I see that it now shares my name and personal account along with it, so I won't be creating/sharing any playlists until they show as 'created by *artist*'.

It seems that since making changes to the way artist profiles work on Spotify, you can now only associate playlists with your artist profile, rather than create them as an artist. This causes a two tier system, where artists who created an artist profile prior to this change can create playlists and have 'created by *artist name*', while artists who have signed up since the change cannot. It also means that, if I create a playlist and attach it to my artist profile, users will see my personal account, and follow that for new playlists rather than my artist profile. It just doesn't make sense.

This feature could be an option within the UI when adding a playlist to artists.spotify.com. Something like 'display playlist creator as: artist/personal'. To just allow people to show playlists as created by the artist name, rather than the personal account name.

CLICK +VOTE IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS

spotify.jpg

Updated on 2017-06-04

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Comments
SamValladar3s
Music Fan

I support this full-heartedly. I've been looking for a solution myself. I would love to keep my personal account a little private, and maximize the number of followers I get on my artist page because that's where the music lives! Thanks for making this proposition! I've added the tags "artist page" and "playlist" - I hope this makes this article more searchable. Any word on when Spotify will look at this idea and start working on it, or if they already have?

Sam Valladares

@SamValladr3s on IG & TW

danglomusic
Music Fan
Well, Spotify want to please the big labels who run the big playlists.
An artist with lots of followers on a playlists isn't what labels want. I'm
pretty sure removing artist playlist wasn't a mistake!
Resistnl

+1, Really want to make a playlist so my fans can follow all the music I like and might

play

tchristopher

Amen!  I totally agree. This is my vote.  RIGHT HERE.  I want to SHARE my playlists from my artist profile.   There's no share option from the artist page.   CMON Spotify.  We love you.  Love us back!

TC

TheRecks

Please sort this out Spotify! 

amandaroseriley

I really wish they would change this! Why won't it let me click on the vote button? -edit- Never mind, can't delete this

Remysounds

It's crazy that we can't already do this. Is there a work around because it's unprofessional. The only reason I'm on Spotify as an artist is to share artist playlist there is no reason why an artist would to share from their personal account. Fix this please

AntiqueHeart

Tried to vote for it but doesn't work for some reason :(

Rasmulus

Any news on this? Seems like such a no-brainer to implement. Smh

telstar

Just signed up for Spotify for Artists. This is a real issue, and Spotify needs to fix this.
I'm suprised this has been an issue for at least 6 months, and hasn't been fixed yet.