Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[AutoPlay] Option to toggle Autoplay on/off across all devices/platforms

The Autoplay setting isn't working for connected devices and the web player. We need the Autoplay setting to work the same as it does on desktop and when playing on the phone.

Updated on 2023-02-07

Hey folks,

The "Autoplay" setting was recently updated. The single "Autoplay" setting in the desktop and mobile apps will now enable or disable Autoplay across all devices on your account. This change makes it easier to manage instead of there being 2 different settings.

You only need to change the Autoplay setting in one of the apps, either desktop or mobile, and it will apply to your account on all devices including the Web Player and Spotify Connect devices.

You can read the support article for more information about the Autoplay feature.

Comments
CarlosE
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-27

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion and we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

If you'd like to have Settings available in the web player, you can add your vote to this idea to show your support.

Cheers!

screaminjay

I totally agree. Being unable to turn off autoplay is an essential feature. Bring back Settings!

Shotechi

Yes!!! Please let me disable Autoplay, I like listening to new albums and I need to know when they have ended! 

And yes, I'm using the Desktop app on every other device I have, but at school where I work all day I am not allowed to install random software. You have the Web player for a reason, please don't make it suck so much 😭

Amitangshu

Bring back settings menu in web player. I want to play songs in very high resolution.

This is a very recent change: after reaching the end of an album/playlist, my smart speaker will automatically play recommended songs and there's no option to turn it off. I use my speaker to fall asleep and don't want it to keep playing music when I didn't ask it to. Please revert this change or give us the option to turn it on/off.

jamescircadian

Please do bring back the settings page in the web player. Feature parity is important. More importantly it's a really unnecessary move to remove the settings page from the web player AND change the settings that were there (I wouldn't mind if autoplay remained off and you removed it, but to switch it on then remove the option is just a really harsh move...)

EDIT: the fact that it is disabled in my mobile app and that isn't reflected in the web player is also really annoying. Poor show spotify, poor show

nathansibs

Please fix this. I have turned off auto play in settings and it works when I listen over headphones but autoplay is still active when streaming to a Chromecast.

Also seconding that this is a recent change that needs to be fixed.

gustafce

Yes, this is super annoying. I turned autoplay off for a reason, and I'd like to keep it off on all devices until I turn it on voluntarily.

usedToBe

Yes, because I want to stay in control of what songs I listen to.

JalapenoMunich

Not just for the Webplayer, but for streaming to devices via Connect as well.

(Even though that's not actually an IDEA, because that's the way it was until two weeks ago. You could toggle Autoplay via the Autoplay option. It's new behaviour that you CAN'T turn Autoplay off. The idea here is basically just "please change it back to the way it was".)