[Behind the Lyrics] Option to show Lyrics only

You guys finally listened and implemented a sort-of lyrics system on Android now, Genius' "Behind the Lyrics" (BTL).

Now, BTL sometimes shows lyrics, and sometimes shows Genius' explanations for why the lyrics that are being sung that moment are written.
So the app can display the lyrics at the proper times already.
Genius also already has the full lyrics to most songs in their database.

Let us toggle it so it doesn't switch to the explanations.
Just the lyrics.

I like the explanations, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I want to see what they hear at a specific time, if I can't understand them the explanation won't help me.

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
gindogg878
Regular

I agree. I dislike this genius info so much I came to comment on it in hopes that it will make a difference. I'm sure we'll see some change in a couple of years (sigh).

fock
Regular

Yes pls

Dariespotify
Concert Regular

For me it's ok. Thank goddess we have lyrics now! :-D <3

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Music Lover
For me it's ok. Thank goddess we have lyrics now! :-D <3

But we don't? We have lyrics from time to time. That's like being happy with a furnace that turns on and off every 5 minutes. Sure it works, but it won't cook your dinner.

suluuh
Regular

i think just one thing made JOOX better, because JOOX show lyric with simple way. if SPOTIFY can made way like thats i think users more enjoy with your apps.

Missivess
Regular

Please, i dont wan to see behind the lyrics I just want to see lyrics

emljmnz
Music Lover

This would be great, even if it costs a few more cents to the subscription. I am currently subscribed to Musixmatch for the lyrics, and the app eats consumes a lot of battery. So having the lyrics in Spotify saves me both money and battery.

Ajengrf
Regular

Yes please, I agree that. Just the lyric would be perfect :)

sniperfx20
Regular

Agreed. I am not interested in why the lyrics was written but simply just the lyrics. Please place in a toggle.