Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Lady_Briggs

Please, please, please, there are certain songs that keep popping up and I never want to hear them again.... it must be an easy fix to add in too 🙂

macgyver03

Please add this.  I have a great station that has a band which doesn't even fit in with the rest of the group and no matter how many times I dislike, they are always like the 3rd or 4th song every time.  This doesn't even come close to making sense because the station isn't even based on them.

Please make it that you can block entire genres or artists.
MachoZ06
Please let me block * feat. Pitbull, Moderatto, bachata and stuff like that. I'll give a kidney if needed.

Would also be nice to be able to block certain categories such as "songs with homophobic lyrics". The radio function sometimes throws up a song that puts a major downer on my day and I in no way want to support such artists financially. But a basic block song/artist feature is an absolute must!

upendi90

Great idea! I really like the playlists spotify offers, but there are a few artists I just cannot listen to. I would really like to be able to identify which songs within a playlist are not played.

ruthd7274

I have a pressing reason for requesting this feature.   I use Spotify radio in the background at work, where I am in contact with the public.  The wide variety of music means it is usually possible to catr for all tastes and avoid inane DJ chatter.  However, from time to time a track is selected that is potentially offensive and/or explicit.  A means of blocking a track would be very useful and I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented (unless I'm missing something).  Even giving a track a thumbs down in the past has not prevented its being repeated.  I am not the only one who streams Spotify for their patients and I strongly urge you to implement this function as a priority.  This is a serious issue, as it may result in a complaint and disciplinary proceedings against a professional.

I am currently considering stopping using Spotify for this purpose.  As this is almost the only time I use Spotify, it may result in my ceasing using Spotify at all.

Please reconsider, Spotify

+1

hels2015

I dont understand why this feature isnt in or why my thumbs down seem to be ignored. I just want Mastodon to stop invading every single genre radio I start! Are they paying Spotify an extra fee to be every other track regardless of your votes??

doodoo

I'm thiking to stop using spotify because of **bleep**ty songs on popular playlists that I can't place on blacklist, always need to click on next button.