Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
jzdhgkd

+1 to this idea. Please implement!

mcastro8

It would be nice to have the option DISLIKE a SONG and then this music would not play anymore .. regardless of being in a music album or playlist that you are hearing or follows

The unliked songs could appear faded Out in playlists, or with an different color, 

if you want listen to them you have to choose manually

arkaynine

This is definitely a feature this paying premium member would love to see.   

I want to be able to mark an artist and never have X artist come up on any track, ever again.   Regardless if they are the original artists of simply featured for 3 seconds.   I don't want these tracks at all.          

andrepersil

It is really a 'must have' after the "Discover Weekly" feature.

dwaylon7

Such a great idea. Please implement this. I was going to post this suggestion but saw that it was already around. Kudos for this!

Armadous

"doesn´t fit completely now with our current goals" sounds a lot like a monitization issue. If we auto skip songs does spotify somehow miss out on revenue?

I'd gladly pay for a "STFU Wiz Khalifa" button.

Waterandmusic

Yeah, I sometimes stop listening to playlists or trying to search for new music because I'm tired of running into all the songs that I already know I don't like. It's turning me into a musical hermit instead of getting me to actually listen to new songs out there. Kind of makes me wish there was something better out there, I'm so close to cancelling my premium account.

Fabiolous

This is so overdue.

JonnyEFL7

Yes, please. I want to block songs.

linkpedro
Just suggested the same on Twitter, they send me here =D