Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Hicksy95

This was suggested in 2012 and still hasn't happened! WTF Spotify? This feature needs to happen now! Surely you've finished focusing on adding more music by now!

Daan00094

Yeah, keep commenting here. One day they'll see

devino21

Bieber is still visible.  I need him out so I can use other features of Spotify than my playlists customized with no Bieber.

quickes

OMG 3.5 YEARS PAST!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-11-17

Hey everyone. We're back to update this idea as it's a popular one and hasn't had a Staff update for some time. Right now we're still saying 'Not Right Now' to this idea. We're still focusing on bringing more and more music to Spotify. Of course if we have any updates on this anytime soon we will post here. Thanks guys.

Hicksy95

Updated: 2015-11-17
Hey everyone. We're back to update this idea as it's a popular one and hasn't had a Staff update for some time. Right now we're still saying 'Not Right Now' to this idea. We're still focusing on bringing more and more music to Spotify. Of course if we have any updates on this anytime soon we will post here. Thanks guys.

I'm a new Spotify user and what your update is saying to me is that you just don't give a rats ass about your customers!
"We're still focusing on bringing more and more music to Spotify." is that your excuse for everything? You're a freaking streaming service! You will always be adding more music you can't use that as an excuse to avoid putting customers suggestions in place. Why even ask for suggestions if you're never going to even going to look into adding them to the app?

I've only been a customer for few days and you're already pissing me off, well done Spotify, well done.

sp00ls

Agree with the poster above me. Way to go Spotify, 49 pages of support for this, 3+ years going strong and you give the same lame brain excuse that you're focusing on adding more music. Yeah, I'm sure every single one of your application engineers are focused on the data entry task of adding music. What a cop out

ravxl

Posting rage comments will not bring the staff attention to this post. Making them understand that this is not only an old great request, but a basic feature for those who are paying to listen to ad-free and self personalized playslists, it probably will make them take a new look at the topic and set the right priority in the dev upcoming features.

🙂

cepedae

Really need an "unlike" button.

or a way to block a specific song, etc ! 

Xo

@user-removed wrote:

Please consider Does Not want, as a temporary solution until they finally get it in. http://www.npsoftware.co.uk/Does-Not-Want/ Info and download links on that page, only for Windows desktop though.

I have been using this for a while now and it is incredibly handy. Does exactly what the requested Blacklist feature should do!

The only caveat is that you must keep the stupid "helper" executable running for the program to work - it won't detect Spotify otherwise - but I'll take it over not having the functionality. I can just kill the "helper" manually after I'm done playing.

Thanks to Spotify staff for their response, but kindly pay some attention to the user experience as well instead of just hoarding more and more content. We need good ways to use that content, too. 😉