Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
eamcnabb

I would really like the ability to block a specific artist so that I would never come across another one of those songs again new, old, anything nothing from that artist if they are blocked. 100% black out of that artist and EVERY collaboration from them 😮 

eamcnabb

I would love a feature that allows me to block a specific artist or song completely. If i block an artist I'd like to not see ANYTHING from them ever again unless I remove them. 

Thyg0d

With Pandora releasing Pandora Premium with their main feature being tailored music streaming this one should soon be on Spotify's fast track list.. Don't think they want to loose to them due to a missing main feature.. 

MasterFuba

please add a ban song feature. Its a shame we cannot adjust the playlist in such an simple way.

Just give user the ability to add songs to a blacklist.

After selecting a playlist you just need to look if some songs are added into private blacklist/banned list.

If "yes" just go to next song and ignore the unwanted one[s].

Can'T be this is impossible to add. I like spotify and the way of learning songs and artists i never knew before - but there are some songs i realy hate and some of them are spreaded like a virus in playlists. I always have to skip to next track - its anoying!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2016-12-16

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We’ve passed your comments along to our developers. 

Our development teams have considered the general question of how we can improve our recommendations with some extra utility. For example, its now possible to remove certain songs from the Daily Mix feature. We hope to have more updates like this in the future.  

In the meantime, you could try removing songs from Your Music to improve our recommendations. We’ll update the community when we have more information to share. 

marcusjt

This sounds like a positive development but given that it's taken 94 pages of comments over 4 years to get this response I'll refrain from rejoicing for now.

For example, you mention Daily Mix but (as you should know if you've read all the comments) that represents only a small fraction of the problem - the main issue is with tracks (and artists) we hate appearing in playlists and on the Radio, for which there remains no solution, hence everyone's frustration.

Until then we shall continue to listen, seethe, skip, and wait...

Thyg0d

As marcusjt said.. A small step in the right direction after 4 years but far from what is wanted and as I mentioned before, with this being Pandoras main feature I think the developers should consider it a tad bit more.. 

It's hard to remove songs I don't have in my music.. Would never ever consider adding Justin Bieber for example but I still have to skip his songs every now and then for the sake of humanity and my speakers.. 

ohbendy

+1 for remove/mute/block artist/song.

I'd like to never hear Sophie Ellis-Bextor again, but she keeps coming back into my Discover and Radio stations with her awful songs and voice like a coat-hanger. PLEASE let me remove her once and for all.

mechaPantsu

As a workaround, until Spotify implements this feature, Android users can use this app I made to auto-skip artists, songs or albums they don't want to listen to.

The only requirement is enabling "Device Broadcast Status" inside Spotify's settings.

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antsu.skipify

@__spo__ team: if this app violates any terms, rules, or anything else, please let me know and I'll fix it or take it down (in case it can't be fixed) immediately.

bjfmason-au
mechaPantsu
Will have to give this a run, you should consider putting your paypal details in the app so we can shout you a coffee for the time you spent on this.

It seems to work pretty well, easier than having to unlock the phone and skip the song each time.

Is there a way to remove an artist via wild card? Kayne West keep popping up as a "contributor" to a few other artists. He's listed in the artist list, but he's the second or third name listed.

Thanks for giving us an option, you rock.