Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
ohbaby1827

Well I guess I'm cancelling my subscription 😞

roberge
Please please please implement this... Or bye bye
darkfirerider

We're still focusing on bringing more and more music to Spotify.

To me it's counter productive to bring more and more music if no one can actaully discover it because you have to over and over skip songs you don't like. Similar artists show the same results each time and there is often a vicious circle of the same artists. If I could blacklist them there'd be place for new ones. Also skipping the same bad songs again and again is very anoying. 

ravxl

Thirtheen pages since staff/comunity last update, three months later and at least 100+ requests... I think it's time to pay some attention to this feature.

stryskacz

+1 

i really dont get how something like "Klepto" is in "New Releases for You" when i never heard about him, never listened to him and i listen to very different style of music than this crap...and last but not least...how there can be something with sh*t quality like that?... it sound like it is recorded in bathroom and headphones are used as microphone and it is converted to 8kbps bitrate... really? i mean REALLY?

we need ignore list... at least for premium users... thank you

khutchinson22

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but what about an exclude artist feature? I find when Im listening to an artist radio there is XYZ artist that CONSTANTLY plays and no matter how many times I dislike tracks from said artist they continue to play.  It seems like that artist plays more than the artist radio that I'm on.

Riddlez

Cmon spotify, it is impossible to not go enrage caus of this beaver in whatever top 50 chart...

PabloPalmeri
Please add this gesture
Rockpeach
+1 - it probably has to do with agreements with record companies if they don't implement such an easy feature to build though.

Spotify have billions in bank so making this feature by itself is clearly not the issue
tracii

Why has this not happened yet? I would like it if it was also for just specific songs. I come across the same song numerous times when going through Spotify's playlist, and since it's only easy find playlists by Spotify only, there are the same 100 songs that I keep hearing. I'd say that a good 25% of the time I've spent overall on Spotify is sitting there, continuously clicking "Next". And no, I can't just ignore it because I'm so annoyed by it at that point that I cannot stand a single second longer of that dreadful song.

Seriously Spotify, do you even read these suggestions, let alone even follow through on it?

EDIT: I just saw Spotify's update for this on Nov. 2015 and they said "we're focusing on bringing more music" and will leave this as Not Right Now. No. How about you stop using the same 30 songs for every playlist or have me leave... Right Now. Honestly people aren't going to stay if they can't enjoy the music you got now, so how is uploading more going to help? The problem is coming across the same songs over and over when a good amount of people likely joined to FIND NEW MUSIC. Not kidding, please do this ASAP (This meaning to follow through on this on perhaps the upcoming 1-3 months not 1-2 years).