Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
stuartmacfadyen

Me and my friend keep getting the same exact song on our discover playlists. Nearly every other week one of us has the song and it's just not a song we want. We would love this feature.

saved

Hi @stuartmacfadyen

Have you seen this Idea?

Add like or dislike button to personal discover weekly playlist

Thinking you might like to add your support there as it sounds like exactly what  need (obviously in addition to this thread, which we all need) ...?

eroome
Agree !
Grsys85
Some artists just don't need to be there...
matejsimek

I really miss this feature. I had it on the Deezer and it made me enjoy the music more than ever...

I follow one great playlist and like most of the songs there. But there is like 4-7 songs which I hate and I must manually skip every time they start to play. How should I do it the Spotify way??

robcomputerguy

Completely unacceptable. I should have the right to block artists I find objectionable for any reason - whether they are bad musicians, weirdos or vote for Donald Trump.

I just signed up today and I'm not going to be constantly going through lists of songs to pull out the artists/songs I do not want to listen to. 

It's ridiculous that you haven't made this a priority years ago.

(I'm not keeping email notifications turned on, so save your effort.)

birdie23

I came here to suggest this same thing!! There are some artists/songs that come up in tonnes of playlists and it would be great to exclude them!! I hope they get working on this soon 🙂

I would love to get a "Always skip" this track feature, please add it.

zoltanric

i'm tired of holding my mouse over the skip button in the anticipation of a pablo honey song, if I can't block an album or song streaming is fundamentaly broken and i will not continue to pay for this service.

ugurozturk

Some musics makes me crazy ! I totally even not want to her it. The idea has come at 2012 and we are in 2016 right now.