Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
3name

Vote to has this ability. I'd like to ban some artists. Probably forever.

riQue

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? For me this is the -only- missing key feature in Spotify at the moment. I'd love to be able to filter out specific tracks, or artists so I can enjoy the rest of a specific playlist without needing to skip a specific song every time I start that playlist.

joecool2424new

This would be an awesome idea Spotify!!! Please implement!

lei800123

this is exacty what I've been thinking about since the first day I used Spotify!!! Please!!! Spotify team!! meas this come true!!!!

Jaroddd

Absolutely necessary feature! 

It's REALLY disturbing to hear songs I hate. And all those valuable public playlists really decrease in value for me, when there are always my most hated songs around...

I'll call this feature "The Rihanna Feature".

Anonymous37

Four years and this hasn't been solved yet? Seriously?

MadmanOnWheels

Why not use it?Why not use it?

MadmanOnWheels

54076432.jpg

UAD1989

2016 and we're still waiting for this...

hydnj

This is depressing. 12 hour play list and only about half of it I like yet when I relisten I have to manually skip again. I won't create a playlist/s for liked songs, thats silly and a job. Some songs I just don't ever want to hear again.

Searched the net and found this thread. How dissapointing .