Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
erl11

Implementing this feature would turn spotify from a good application to a great application.  Also this would provide them with a lot of great data about which songs are no longer popular.  Please move this up the priority list!

This is one feature I absolutely loved in Last.fm

I don't understand this is not being implemented yet!

E.g. I love listening to certain 3rd party playlists but I hate havingt to skip the same tracks every time ...

Wottr

+1 for this. Auto-updating playlists from other users is one of the greatest things about Spotify, but please give us an option to skip tracks we really don't like.

This is such a quick win. Maybe it doesn't match the current goals entirely, but it does fix a major annoyance for many, and in the end makes people more inclined to keep their subscriptions. I fully agree with the OP, a no-brainer...

gennine

Am I just stupid or can't I even get rid of "favorite radio stations" that were set up by my 14 year old daughter somehow? C'mon, Spotify tech geeks, make peace with delete buttons! This is making me crazy trying to figure it out.  Do I have to redo the who account to avoid hearing "One Direction?"

dogie

I've added this one because although there are similar ones, none are exactly what I'm suggesting.

I often use other people's playlists, ie UK top 40 or top 100 tracks. If a song I absolutely HATE is in that list, such as JB Baby, I want to be able to block it. Rather than having to skip the song whenever it comes up I'd like to have a right click option to 'block' the song and prevent it ever being played.

Should be reasonably easy to code *naivity ftw*

Function BlockedSongs*Profilename*, pass in song ID as integer

If ID=(array of blocked song IDs),

BlockedYN = True

else BlockedYN = False

return BlockedYN

End

Before a song is loaded, add a check:

BlockedSongs(ID)

If BlockedYN = True,

SkipSong,

Else play.

End

My god that fail coding, but you get the idea ^_^

drfisheye
Great idea. The thumbs down button in radio mode should be the same as anti-star / ban.
chizdippler

I really want to block Kanye from all my stations. I like music that is sorta like Kanye, except I like music that is good. 

jalogar

I vote for this feature. I love listening to shared playlist but always are some songs or even artirts I always have to skip. This would be a lovely feature.

Sparticuz

Hey Spotify,

It would be great if we could get the ability to exclude songs from Subscribed playlists. (Similar to the iTunes 'uncheck' box) I am subscribed to some great playlists in which 99% of the songs are great, but there are one or two that I'd love to never hear again.

sardaukar

I really need this feature!

Now I need to keep my subscriptions (to be notified of updates) and duplicates of them aside so I can delete the songs I don't like, so then I have to remember to move to updates that I like to my own playlist, etc. It's a mess for a thing that can be as simple as checking a song to not to be played, as iTunes have.

For "playlists-hardcore-users" like us this feature is a must!

Please re-considerate it 🙂