Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
sfd8878

Dear Meredith,

I would like to draw your attention to this issue. A solution for this would be a vital asset to us, your customers. The status hasn't changed for over two years, I think it's time for an update!

Regards,

Your paying customer

MatthiasNagel

please let the bookmarks come. for audiobooks it is essentially.

Taaya

Is this still not happening? I've got the problem every day now. Not even when switching back to music, but when I turn off the computer in the evening and want to go on listening the next morning (or when the mobile app crashes), I have to know exactly which track I was listening to, as neither the computer programme nor the app saves where I was. Some of my audio books have 100+ chapters and all of them have such long names that in the app you can't even see the numbers. So it is of extreme importance that this feature is finally installed. Otherwise Spotify is not really usable. (And in my opinion this goes for music as well. CD's have to be listened to in the right order as they have been carefully put together as an artwork. So you have to be able to continue where you stopped.) 

klookster11

Spotify seems to give no attention to this topic at all. Is there anyone who can write a script or an IFTTT-solution which floods the spotify twitter account with messages regarding this topic, every time someone clicks a link or button?

Luukster

I do not get why this is a "not right now". This is a must if you add audio books to your library. How on earth am I supposed to use those books?

In fact, the podcasts work exactly how audiobooks should work. So it is not even a new feature.

19micky74

This is an essential function for me. Do i really have to have Audible or Amazon Music in parallel???

chb

See also this idea (and vote for it, too! 🙂.

erba

19micky74 I switched to Deezer using their internal audiobook app and it's fine for me. 

elgranchobi

YES Please.. this is a great idea actually. I hope it gets heard. 

Morti3

What about this marker for audio books? Would be great! I always end up creating a new playlist just tio remember at which track of the audio book I stopped it. And then I have to listen to the whole track again. Try this with Stephen King's The Stand!!!