Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
daltonparsons

More important than ever with Podcasts in your high-priority roadmap. I can't really switch from Stitcher until auto-bookmarking happens. 

matisxja

yeah... spotify really doesn't want to satisfy its customers.

Luukster

@daltonparsons: Podcasts work fine: position is saved even if you switch to other tracks. That's why it's even more annoying it's not working with audio books. 

I believe it's just to annoy non-paying customers (because they only can play shuffle/random) but at the expense of the paying customers. 

compound79

Please do this!

This would be so **bleep** handy, especially on iPhones as they don't have the multitude of random file players that Android have

cyberboss94

Please guys, help us out, this feature would be really useful to us!!

SteveRoth1974

all radio drama listeners need this feature

seestern

this is still a very important feature missing, I would absolutely love that. Any updates on this? 

Schwange

Are there any news yet??
As far as i know there is already a function for podcasts or the so-called "showes", but not for audiobooks. Will der be an update in the near future? Because this post was written in early 2015 and the function hasn't patched in so far...

Would be pleased for an answer 🙂

digitalimago

This feature is also useful for music playlists. Sometimes, when you have a very long playlist you do not want to restart from beginning each time. So implementing this "remember my position" feature that could be optional turned on by a user for

each music playlist separately is in general an interesting feature.