Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
namxam

Is there any update on that idea / issue?

ViDiBi

Are there any new infos on this topic?

I changed from Deezer to Spotify and that is one important feature that is missing!

Hope to get a positive answer!

murpsel

I've asked the Spotify support regarding this idea and got this back:

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your feedback regarding that particular suggestion. We'll definitely look into it.

We totally agree that being able to bookmark a specific time when listening to audio books or podcasts would be a great feature. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. Rest assured that we'll pass this great suggestion on to the right folks here at Spotify.

We can't say if or when any specific feature will be added. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify Community.

Let us know if you’ve got any other feedback, and feel free to reach out back to us if you have further concerns.

All the best,

Spotify Customer Support

mckray
This is a cookie cutter bull**bleep** response, dudes. I commented on this years
ago and have been updated weekly on users looking for this feature and
digging through the forums and customer service helper links only to find
this same thread. It isn't a /good/ idea for podcasts and audiobooks. It's
essential. Position memory for podcasts and bookmarks, especially those in
excess of 15 minutes, is essential. The lack of authentic effort to
implement this or communicate a desire to implement this feature is one of
the core reasons I left spotify and and doing Google Play Music. That, and
GPM gets me youtube red and four other accounts. You have some seriously
good features. Make this one of them.
murpsel
Spoiler
Actually I consider it a response that actually picked up on the idea, not the typical "thanks for your email, please wait while we file it in a desk in a locked cellar, guarded by a leopard". Though of course what comes of it is in the stars...

Mitch1266
Wow! That is great....a respose from spotify. Let's hope it actually does
something like get bookmarks!
klookster11
It probably won't! I wrote them too and got almost the same response,
slightly differently written.
murpsel

Then there's hope - there's humans on the other side ... 🙂

Steinclau

Since you keep ignoring this feature for years now, changing the platform  seems to be the only option. As this is such a basic functionality, it should not be necessary to suggest it to you at all. It should have been there right from the start. It's a piece of code, not worth mentioning. I am not only disappointed any more. I'm an angry customer now.

rugata

Hey Cummunity, hi Spotify,

I have to say, I am really confused and I am getting very angry. This is a must have, basic feature. In my oppinion it is already a shame, that people over years again and again wrote in this forum, that they want and need Bookmarks for Audiobooks and you responded that you appreciated the feedback and are looking into it. With your statement to the user murpsel (2 weeks ago) "We totally agree that being able to bookmark a specific time when listening to audio books or podcasts would be a great feature." it seems to me, that there are people working who just copy and paste old responses from 2015... There is already this "great" feature for Podcasts. But it seems that you forgot to code it also for Audiobooks...

Again, why do have paying people to remember you, that there is a big basic feature missing???

I don't want to ask you anymore. I like the Podcast feature, so why not making it available for Audiobook?

I really hope I am getting a response from a decision-making Spotify employee at least. I am also satisfied with the statement that this is already being worked on and will be introduced in the next update. But please a statement once (!)...

With regards,

Rugata