Bring Back Starred Playlists System

I loved using my starred playlists. It was an easy way for me to favorite songs and cache them for offline use without having to search for them or go through album after album. Removing this in 1.0 is annoying and a poor idea. Bring them back!

Updated: 2016-11-18

Hey folks, we know this idea has grown in the past year, so we wanted to return to let you know this idea is still 'Not Right Now'. 

Your Music helps you save, organize and browse your music all in one place—songs, artists, and albums. Now you can click on the “+” sign beside a song to add to Songs within Your Music.

Your Starred Playlist hasn’t disappeared. You can still add to/ edit it like any other playlist. You can read about some other recent changes we've made to the Starred playlist here. Thanks everyone

Related Ideas

Comments
Community Legend

The starred playlist is still there and tracks can still be added to it from the add to pop-up menu.

cli1f
Regular

I can see the functionality of "saved" songs/albums instead of starred, but I cannot access my "saved" files on my mobile.  This is incredibly inconvenient.  The functionality of my mobile spotify app just decreased 90% with this update.  I need to access "saved" music on mobile.

cli1f
Regular

Nevermind.  Turns out I just had to log out and log back in.  Everything is there.  This is nice.

oostcoast
Garage Band

So basically they renamed the favorites feature to 'saved'? I don't understand the benefit of using saving above starring. If saving tracks has replaced starring tracks, why weren't all my favotired tracks imported to it?

musicenthu
Roadie

Let me ask something. If a track is 'saved' or added in collection does Spotify indicates that the track is 'saved' or is already in collection ? Otherwise taking away the ability to star a track is really annoying 

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and added "System" in the title since basically the starred playlists still exists - you can still add tracks to it via the menu. However the star icon has been replaced by a "+" sign that adds songs to "Your Music" Collection. So the idea requests to bring back that easy starring system.

mutantdog
Signed Artist

Absolutely need this extremely useful function back. A look through the other forum posts makes it clear that people use the star function in all manner of different ways, many of which cannot be easily replaced with the new collection feature. For me personally its a very quick way to tag a track that i like into what i basically use as a temp folder before filing tracks into appropriate playlists at a later time.This is but one of the many uses for stars. Honestly i see no good reason for doing away with it in the manner that Spotify seems to be intent on.

Its great that we are getting new features but they shouldn't come at the expense of those features we already use.

jwort93
Garage Band

I absolutely agree. I used this to keep track of my favorite tracks, and I don't feel that the ability to save tracks and albums to "Your Music," and the ability to star single tracks to keep track of which songs are my favorites should be mutually exclusive, and while I understand that you can still make a manual favorites playlist, it's not nearly as convientient as clicking a single button. For example, in google play all-access, you can "thumbs up," songs and they will be added to a "Thumbs Up" playlist.

mcrawford620
Garage Band

Yeah, this new update is frustrating. I had done a lot of work starring tracks to show me which tracks on an album were good and which were not.

I want to SEE my stars when I'm viewing an album or an artist's tracks or any playlist. I used stars to denote which tracks I liked for an artist or an album, and now I've essentially lost the use of that information because I can't easily see which tracks are starred and which are not.

The bottom line is that I need a way to record which tracks on an album are worth listening to again. Stars were the way to do that. If you want to give me another suggestion, that's fine, but it's still annoying because I already had done a lot of filtering work with the star system.

I don't care about the Starred playlist in itself, it's not useful to me, but I need to be able to see which tracks I've starred.

Jake0Jacob
Festival Fanatic

Please bring this back! I play a lot of my music straight from the artist view and I like to star new songs and know what I have starred of that artist. 

I know I can right click but I cant see if I have already starred it before I do that. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this back.