Bring back the BROWSE tab!

After an update on android I no longer have a browse tab or menu item. Why would this ever be an okay removal!? I have NO way to find music that isn't related to what I've already played! I can't BROWSE different genres, or randomly explore new bands, etc. How could you remove such a BASIC AND EXPECTED FUNCTION such as... BROWSE WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR!? This menu item needs to return ASAP, I am already frustrated after 2 days of post update use that I can't do such a simple function. This severely cripples Spotify for me. If it doesn't get reverted I can't see why I would keep paying for a neutered version of the service  

Updated on 2018-11-17

Marked as new idea.

Comments
smapdi
Music Fan

I'm following up on my post because I'm literally trying to browse genres i dont listen to often as well as podcasts and I CAN'T DO IT! I have NO way to browse genres and sub genres AT ALL! Jusy related or recomendations based off what I've been listening to. I'M LITERALLY UNABLE TO USE THIS SERVICE ON ANDROID NOW BECAUSE BROWSING HAS BEEN REMOVED. I've closed Spotify and given up just to come back to add to my post. And I have no reason to go back to it! I can't get any new music that I want to find myself! 

CAlbertSM
Regular

Somehow the UX team decided that it was "more user friendly" to delete the Browser button and merging it into the search section, so yeah  if you want to browse Spotify you have to "search". 

Pretty **bleep** stupid, IDK who are they hiring as UX designers, because as far as I know this is the total opposite to "user friendly" experience, even our newbie designers know that  and we had a lot of newly grad students in our core teams when we develop apps, all of them hate the new UX. 

smapdi
Music Fan

Wow! Thanks CAlbert, going to "Search" brought me to a browse screen. There is plenty of room for Browse to exist on the lower menu or the sub menu like before, but at least it still exists even of its in an illogical location. Thanks for that heads up . 

FiodarM

Same story here!

Only discovered 'discover' section after 15 minutes of frustrated googling and reading CAlbertSM's post.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-17

Marked as new idea.