Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Tom
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-12-04

Hey @dmftaras!

This is a great idea. This is something I'd vote for!

I am marking this as a 'New Idea' so other people can begin to vote on it.

Have a great day!

-Tom

c2chenny

I am new to this community and the only reason I am here is exactly this! 

Local recommendations can be annoying 

johanna_ostberg

Just like c2chenny, that´s exactly what I´m looking for. I do not like the local music in my country and would like to get suggestions based on the US, which doesn´t seem possible without actually physically being there, right?

magnolias4ever

Just enrolled to spotify this month and if theres something that they should do for world travelers like myself is to allow to change the country of origin. I personally don't prefer to have suggestions just based on whats happening around me. The adventure of discovering whats going on in other parts of the world without even stepping outside your home is something that could be a revolution in the music streaming industry.  

nulljdq

This, so much.

I have no interest whatsoever in whatever the people in my country are listening to and there's really no good reason for Spotify to force me to see this.

timouwerkerk

Same problem here. Based in Thailand and getting Thai language songs recommendations. Would be great if I can choose my old country.

Yeudy

Do it please!!!! i hate latin music i need to change the country 

allyvena

I'm strongly considering cancelling my premium subscribtion because if this annoying unflexibility of the system! I'm a premium user and recently updated my account to my new country and now I regret it BIG TIME! I would figure if you're paying user you should get extra features on your account... such as customizing your preference of music?! And not have a basic selection that only generalize your taste by the country you're registered. Very frustrating!

Exactly! I hate the local recommendation either. Why cant we just choose the country we want? 

gerryn

Thank you, @dmftaras.

This is excellent. Hopefully it gets implemented soon because I've been without proper browse for YEARS now.

Again, thanks.

Regards,
Gerry