Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
dmehers

I live in Switzerland but have no interest in seeing what Swiss people find interesting.  Please give me the chance to choose the country of interest.

Rudalesa

Hi, this is a great idea!

I live in Chile and all the suggested music are regueton and some ugly stuff, it would be very nice if I can change the country for my suggestion music or actually, add a button for dislikes in order that some artist or song don't appear in my suggestions. I get upset when Spoty inform me that Romeo Santos or Ozuna has a new song or album, it is very disgusting. 

elchachu

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem that has been reported by at least 100 users so 2014. I am Canadian but I live in Mexico. I would much prefer to get Canadian recommendations. I am not interested in the Mexican ones. As is plainly obvious from the number of complaints, it is truly surprising (and frustrating) that, in the globalized world we live in,  Spotify has not found a solution to this. Or at least please explain why it has not been solved.

cipri-tom

Yess, awesome ! This is really needed by both people who like other countries and those who are away from their own 😞 ...

Please implement this !

tmjgr

Oh yes, please implement this. I'm sick of getting recomendations for German music. 

PLEEEASE!

__thomas__

I live in South Africa, since switching to a locally billed account, I rarely use the browse feature. It is inundated with Afrikaans, SA House and SA Hip Hop suggestions. I don't enjoy any of these genres (no offence to those who do) and I haven't saved any music from these genres to my library. Please implement this feature or a least make it a little more intelligent and user specific. Thanks, Thomas. 

ramiroer

At the moment I reas this idea I just loved it. I'm mexican and have a huge interest on Nordic Music and Eurovision music, things I cannot listen regularly on my country. However, all the playlist recommendations and trends are related to reggaeton, latin pop or cumbia music. Hope this can be changed soon. 

legogris

I have very little interest in most of the content from my home country when it comes to Podcasts. Discovery for international (even English language) content is pretty much non-existant for me. Only solution seems to be to cancel my subscription and change to a country I don't actually live in...

GustavoMaximo

Absolutely, I hate and despise the music people listen here with all my heart, seriously. I wish I could remove or hide the [browse] section for good, it sounds minor and nitpicky I know, but **bleep** I'm paying! At the very LEAST, let us change countries.

I'm tired of looking at funk as "American Funk" and "Brazillian Funk" as simply funk, it should be the other way around goddamit, Brazilians didn't invent funk, that trash shouldn't even be called funk.

Crow1992

But this suggestion has been made for several years on Spotify now?

Why are developers treating it like a "new" thing?

Why is browsing by country of origin not a thing? Can't it be added to the meta tags? It should be just as easy as filing in titles, albums and so on...