Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
juanpa_solano

Please get**bleep** shipped! 

dmrosenauer

Thanks for the idea - obviously it isn't possible now. I just looked for exactly the same. 

galaxyx93

So @__spo__ we’re waiting on a comment?

emsl

We have a family option, my husband is German and I’m Polish. We would love to have access to both, DE and PL content. I’m very dissapointed that it was not possible. 

ajayr

Id agree with this. I had briefly visited thailand and had downloaded spotify there for music. I am from India and now, all the music I see is in thai. I barely even want to open the app to listen

Zendo9

This should be a bug fix, not just an 'idea'. I am paying and yet essentially being denied to use certain functions (i.e. audiobooks) of the platform because Spotify assumes everyone living in a country speaks a certain language. 

sawants

I just hit upon this issue. Getting only local content suggestions, and I don't speak/understand the local language. Please fix this.

dmrosenauer

I am not sure whether anyone IN CHARGE is actually reading this?

DennisdeBest

This really needs to get sorted soon, recommendations are completly useless as they are now.

burdallomusic

I am not interested in Reggaeton yet my homepage is full of it. Spotify please take into consideration we pay a subscription so we are entitled to have a more custom home page or what it's suggested based on what we listen to. This is non-negotiable because we are paying for this service. If you keep pushing other genres which we actually don't like or even hate then let us know so we stop paying for that. This won't affect every single user because you can have 2 modes. One would be the original Spotify and then a custom version which will construct a customized experience for each user.