Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Ethan_Moore004

I agree

elchachu

Dear Spotify,

This is truly outrageously bad customer service. People have been writing you about this issue for TWO YEARS. And all you have done is stonewall. NO ANSWER IN TWO YEARS. Maybe there is a reason why the country of origin cannot be changed. It would be wonderful if someone out there had the decency of telling the group of people who have been asking about this what is going on. In the next few days. Otherwise, honestly, I might consider switching to YouTube Red. You probably my don't care since I am one user amongst millions. That attitude might be the problem with your customer service.

dmrosenauer

Customer relations is unknown at Spotify. They don’t even have a contact option on their website

Ethan_Moore004

Umm Ok!

I am sorry that you hate spotify

I am not a spotify employ heck I dont even have premium.

I participate in the fourms to try to help you guys and I will contact the service team and tell them this idea.

dmrosenauer

No offence?

Ethan_Moore004

I will go mention this to the team!

Keep using spotify!

tmjgr

Finally there's some action here regarding that issue. I had already given up hope and concluded that Spotify could'nt give less**bleep**. Keep it up guys!

d27sxg9_f-ad1

Can we get this fixed? Come on! Almost 400 votes...

xz-9e

Do it! I just tried looking at "Top podcasts" and 18 out of 20 are podcasts from my country, which is not at all what I wanted to see and there's no way around it. Preferably I would like to see global top English podcasts, but I guess by country would work too if you can easily change it (filters/options near the list!).

kattikatt

It would be great if you could choose multiple countries/languages