Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
DenoBeno

I want to listen to audio books in half a dozen of languages - and all I can find is German. Please fix this ASAP.

turten

Change it and aso disable it.

bogachang

Hi ,

Most of people use Spotify to not search new things and this is the one of most important thing that why we use Spotify! 

and now , we need to search songs , playlists , podcast without even knowing it. I don't need a podcast recommendation for a language I didn't know. 

Please, consider all comments and add it to your backlog for this year. 

yes please

kcby25

why hasn't this happened yet? It would be amazing if it did!

Caragh

Great idea! Recommendations and podcasts are useless to me, since I don't listen to my country's music AT ALL. Hope they add an option to change what you actually want to see! 

pauljwhelan

Great idea. I have no interest in the local music and podcasts where I live so this would be really great.

timbeard1023

Agreed. This is a major pain and I can see no reason why Spotify makes this so difficult.

It can't have anything to do with broadcast rights, either. I have a UK account, but spend most of my time in Germany and it works fine. It was a real pain to set up in the UK. Why should your country be bound to a payment method? Makes no sense to me.

Technically, this should only take at most a couple of days' worth of coding, I would guess.

PeterCsa

Hey,

The idea would be that we are able to change the language of content we are getting.

I'm Hungarian and I live in the Netherlands, therefore I pay my account from here, so most of the podcasts let's say are Dutch (and I don't speak Dutch). When I was paying from Hungary it as mostly in English (or Hungarian).

So it'd be nice if the language of content was not depedent on the country we are paying from.

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-11-23

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.