Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments

Please!!!!! Change your not right now to a top priority. I can't take anymore recommendations that I don't care for. My Spotify experience has seriously degraded just because I'm an Expat in a foreign country. 

rimakhoury

Local recommendation are a pain in the a$$. I hate listening to local music and streaming local podcasts. This is a huge downside to Spotify in my opinion.

having the option to change my location would make the Spotify experience much more enjoyable.

I hope they do implement this and really SOON!

KingKatvis

I'm an expat living in the UAE, I would love to have recommendations based on my language and life experience - i.e. my choice and not what Spotify thinks I want to hear.

Would love this mod!!

Deri

This feature should have been in Spotify from the beginning. I am so sick having some of the pregenerated playlists full of "our local" shitty music (mainly realy bad autotune pop and hiphop). It is so bad experience that I am considering to move my family account to some other music stream provider.

Lavrentis0811

It should be done immediately. You will lose lots of expats or emigrants including me and my family to the competition if this is not done.

entensuppe

Hi

I have my accounts in Switzerland, but am not interested in Swiss music suggestions. Any way to cancel this would be cool.

FrilChiChi

Seriously, this idea came up 4 years ago and it's still 'not right now'? It's just add a button to direct me to a different country preference! If you are being nice enough, let us choose whatever we are interested in. I live in UK but I don't care what they are listening to. (As a retail worker, I listen enough of that at work.) I want Cantonese and Japanese selection on my home page. 

RonaldvM

It's about time the are going to do something about it.

in 4 years time it's only getting worse. 

My whole hiphop favorite playlist is full of Dutch hiphop artists and i don't like any of it, i just want the American hiphop scene.

ehardarson

The only reason why I'm considering other options than Spotify!
Even though I never listen to local music (not in my language), Spotify seems to be very determined that I should.

MattiasLahtinen

How is it possible that after so many years of Spotify operating, this is still not a function?  

There are so many expats living all over the world, and it is REALLY annoying to get local language suggestions rather than for example English, or your native tongue.  

Browsing podcasts to find something interesting? Good luck - you will get it all in a foreign language.  

Trying to find some new music? Haha nice one! Enjoy**bleep** that you can't understand instead!

Spotify, it's 2021. People are not exclusively living in one place. Get with the times!