Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
DennisdeBest

Still not going anywhere. I live in France and it keeps shoving French rap everywhere that I really do not want.

Come on Spotify I've been waiting for this for years and It really doesn't seam like an inappropriate request. 

simple2

Still waiting. Disappointed that personalization doesn't seem to be a priority to Spotify. Ruins my day to see garbage on my Spotify app, on a so-called "premium" service that you pay for.

Oiboboi

Here in Switzerland is the same same story. Why don’t you split the country in “payment” and “preferred country”?

Switzerland is four speaking language and thus the French side maybe prefers to listen French music than the German one. Same in Tessin (Italian language). Hope you implement this idea very soon.

Thanks

R.

trobert2

this is very annoying. I get all the account information in Germany because I am forced to live here, but I don't speak the language

hawken89

I think Spotify should look at this and try to implement a solution.

Personally, i'm living in Sweden but i'm Norwegian and want to get playlists suggestion that are norwegian. I have also created an account for my kid, but I only get swedish playlist suggested. Would love if I could choose and get norwegian suggestion instead.

simple2

This is bull. I'm cancelling my annual subscription if this doesn't change by the time the next year's payment is due.

leandrorosa85

I would appreciate this so much, I moved to Europe and I miss my Brazilian recommendations

KStolten

Please consider this as it is pretty annoying that I cannot choose what country I want suggestions from! 

willydee68

1000+ votes, but still no action. Please do something about this long standing issue.

mangojuice420

PUT A GOD FREAKING OPTION TO DISABLE IT HIDE IT SOMEWHERE FOR F SAKE OR I START ADVERTISING YOUTUBE MUSIC GOD DAMMMMN