Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
timbeard1023

Over 1000 votes in just over three years and still being ignored? I'm sure that there are many, many thousands out there who have simply looked at the recommendations, shaken their head and decided "I don't want to listen to this stuff. Spotify Premium just isn't for me" (in whichever language would be appropriate - this isn't an English music is better than everyone else's issue)

I consider a lack of this functionality is a bug. Implementing it, however, could be a feature that could drive some interesting advertising AND GENERATE REVENUE.

I can picture someone sitting in some dreary location suddenly transported to various musical centres around the world thanks to being able to choose the location of the recommendations in his Spotify account.

one_71

Really really need this one! Quite absurd that is not jet implemented.

I am Italian. I like en, sp, it music. I live in Germany and I never EVER listen to German music. Spotify keeps on giving me suggestion about the last German hits, top 10 in Germany etc etc etc TOTAL NONSENSE. 

ThingWizard

Yes! This! It's astonishing this is not implemented. Geographical location is not the same as language or culture preference. And like people here said, if someone wants to experience other countries' music suggestions and lists this should not be a problem. There is simply no reason to lock the user to the current geopositionally curated content.

ascarsand

It's 2021. It's about time Spotify implement this feature. I don't want to see the content from my own country.

I click on top podcasts and the complete list is in Greek because I live in Greece, however I want to listen to the top podcasts in English.

We should be able to choose the language of the content that we want.

timbeard1023

Who would have thought? A feature that one should expect as basic functionality being positioned as a feature!

If anyone from Spotify actually reads these posts, it would be polite at least to explain what the current thinking is. Is it technically difficult? Are their licensing issues? Please just give us some crumbs. There appear to have been other ideas with a similar number of votes that have been implemented or are at least under consideration.

DennisdeBest

Over 1000 votes and no real answer yet... 

willydee68

Posted this same suggestion another time because they're getting shot down too often and too rapidly. Perhaps this time someone will have a look into this thread, which has been linked there. Let's bother them some more, shall we?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Podcasts-Allow-content-language-selection-independ...

frriiday

I have wanted this for years! I come from Finland so I'm paying with a Finnish card, which means that my country is Finland and I get lots of recommendations in Finnish. The problem is that I'm part of the 5% of the Finnish population that speak Swedish, so these suggestions are absolutely irrelevant to me and has annoyed me for years. It's crazy to me that there is no solution for this, especially since a Swedish company should definitely know its neighboring countries a bit better. Why has nothing happened despite the massive interest in fixing this?