[Browse] Allow to change Country Origin Suggestions

Hi there,

I think many users get annoyed by those "local" recommendations that are based on the country that is chosen by their payment method.

E.g. I'm living in Europe, where English language is not local language, and I'm getting recommendations for the local songs, which I don't like, and I'd prefer English music over that, is there any chance I could change my country of recommendations to US or Canada? 

Thanks

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Visitor

I want to listen to audio books in half a dozen of languages - and all I can find is German. Please fix this ASAP.

Change it and aso disable it.

Visitor

Hi ,

Most of people use Spotify to not search new things and this is the one of most important thing that why we use Spotify! 

and now , we need to search songs , playlists , podcast without even knowing it. I don't need a podcast recommendation for a language I didn't know. 

Please, consider all comments and add it to your backlog for this year. 

yes please

Casual Listener

why hasn't this happened yet? It would be amazing if it did!

Visitor

Great idea! Recommendations and podcasts are useless to me, since I don't listen to my country's music AT ALL. Hope they add an option to change what you actually want to see! 

Visitor

Great idea. I have no interest in the local music and podcasts where I live so this would be really great.

Agreed. This is a major pain and I can see no reason why Spotify makes this so difficult.

It can't have anything to do with broadcast rights, either. I have a UK account, but spend most of my time in Germany and it works fine. It was a real pain to set up in the UK. Why should your country be bound to a payment method? Makes no sense to me.

Technically, this should only take at most a couple of days' worth of coding, I would guess.

Visitor

This issue is bothering me for a very long time. So thank you for suggesting it! From the moment I subscribe to Spotify, it immediately recommends me those local artists and playlists. I thought maybe depending on my music choice, they will disappear with time, but no:( I have to see all those country specific artists, when I open my homepage. Also, even though I changed the language into English, those local artists and playlist explanations also come with the local language. It is so annoying! Hope it can be fixed.

Visitor

Dear Spotify,

Please, please do something about this stat. I love browsing for new releases but am constantly being accosted by an inordinate amount of Chinese / Korean music that a) makes me rage and b) hinders my search for new music.

Because of the sheer amount of gibberish I have to filter through, I usually start seizing before I discover something I like and would like to listen to.

P.S. At least allow the option of hiding or 'disapproving' certain genres! Lord have mercy.

Warmest regards,
Kate