[Browse] Bring back Your Running Mix

Not sure how I have the your running mix one day and not the next.  Pretty sure I don’t want to run to the music you selected for the BPM in the other play list.  If another music app has this feature I would probably switch.  A little heads up would have been nice, that play list was one of the only things that gets me out of bed to go run this early in the morning!

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
Kimberleygiles1

I agree. I went for a run this afternoon and tried to find my running mix that I love and was frustrated to find that I could not find it anywhere! What has happened to these awesome playlists, I can’t find anything else in the app that will match my tempo with ease... a little disappointed, and if they have been taken down it would be a huge shame.. I really don’t want to have to get another app just for running when I love Spotify and what it had to offer! 

‘If anyone knows why I can’t find them or if the running playlists have been removed it would be great’ 

SamParnell

I’ve been training for a marathon by almost relying completely spotifies 165pm setting. Having that taken away and replaced with 150-165bpm playlist has utterly taken the wind out my sails. Can’t belive this please bring it back!!!

raypang20

please bring this back... or i'll go to some other app that has this feature

yabolek
Casual Listener

Please explain why did you delete it. I was using it daily and I'm a premium user for 3 years now.

Any suggestion for alternatives? I will cancel my subscription and switch happily

RutmerKlarus

Fully agree!!! In the midle of training for half a marathon using this option to get my steps per minute up. 

Gone without any notification for frequent users. Just unbelievable. 

toremr10

BRING BACK RUNNING MIXES!!!

p3ric0
Casual Listener

@yabolek wrote:

Please explain why did you delete it. I was using it daily and I'm a premium user for 3 years now.

Any suggestion for alternatives? I will cancel my subscription and switch happily

The RockMyRun app seems to do the job. Its interface isn't as intuitive unfortunately but you'll be able to set your BPM. I'll be unsubscribing from Spotify until they resolve this issue.

StudmuffinMcGee

Like everyone else, I'm pretty peeved that a *KILLER* feature of Spotify has been removed. 

PLEASE, BRING THIS BACK!

j0j007

running with tempo detect was main reason to keep spotify. please bring it back. can't do workouts without exact tempo and have to switch app.

ljbayers

I get knocked down with the Flu for two weeks.  Yesterday I finally had the energy to go for a run...and no running mixes were available.  I've been using this feature since 2015.  Please bring it back! Being able to run with music at certian BPM's pushed me to get the extra mile or two into my runs!