[Browse] Bring back Your Running Mix

Not sure how I have the your running mix one day and not the next.  Pretty sure I don’t want to run to the music you selected for the BPM in the other play list.  If another music app has this feature I would probably switch.  A little heads up would have been nice, that play list was one of the only things that gets me out of bed to go run this early in the morning!

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
fjpshea814
Regular

This playlist was amazing. Please bring it back. I was wondering where it went.

MelioraOptimus

“we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously.“ **bleep**ing liars 

frapo
Gig Goer

Hello. I've been completely in love with spotify for years now, and the main reason for it is that I LOVE your suggestions. They're just always so on point. The integration of old favourites and new similar tracks (like, for example, the daily mixes) are another amazing feature to discover new music while not getting tired listening only new song. That' why I loved to death the spotify running feature. It just had all this amazing features that make spotify better than any other streaming service AND it also used only tracks with the same bpm to keep the rhythm constant. It was terrific, and after a long period without running, I decided to start doing it again ONLY (I swear to god this is true) because that feature existed. When I discover it was retired only a week before the day I went for my first comeback run, I was so disappointed I stopped running again. Now I want to start it again, but missing this feature is seriously disappointing and frustrating. PLEASE, bring it back. It makes no sense, considering the amazing alghorithms you have, to take away a groundbreaking feature like that which only requires to add the bpm to make the perfect running feature ever. I can't really run with random songs, because I'm very sensible to the bpm of the music (and I listen mostly to metal, which isn't properly slow...so I ended up draining up all my energy in the first minutes), and I can't just take a random bpm-centered playlist with random music I don't like. It's absolutely frustrating. Seriously. How much can this impact your budget/servers/whatever? Compared to all the rest? I understand that maybe not many people used it and you decided to retire it, but consider two things: first, me myself didn't use this feature that much. Because I'm not really a sporty person, and didn't run much.  But spotify running was the number one reason that kept me at least slightly motivated to run. Second, you never really advertised that feature AT ALL. When I discovered it and started using it, every single person I told this about, from super sporty people to nerdy geeks that never take a walk, everyone was amazed that this feature existed and they didn't know anything about it. So, PLEASE, bring it back and advertise this more. I'm sure you'd get a lot of customers which are sporty to subscribe to you or migrate from other streaming services, and you'd give to not very sporty person like me at least a good reason to move my **bleep**. And also, everyone's unconditional love forever. I know I got quite emotional in writing this message, but this is because I AM emotional right now. Spotify is an amazing application and it had a big impact in my life, really. In a period where I had no idea what to listen to anymore (and I'm a musician, so this was impacting my personal life as well) I found back a lot of motivation to love and play music again. And spotify running was another good reason to be in love with spotify, and it's a true pity that you retired it so abruptly without asking anyone. I convinced so many people to subscribe to your service. I advertised how spotify is cool and how it had such a big impact in my life for years. Please, do me (and so many other people who wrote about this) a big, big present: bring spotify running back.
Francesco

KJatz

Wow, I was just going to resubscribe to Spotify just for this feature. No point in doing that now obviously. Very dissapointing. Who makes decisions like that? Pretty sure people not using the feature weren't bothered by its existence . 🙄

Sirhot

After a long injury, just as I want to start running again I found out the feature is gone. That is very much disappointing spotify. Why would a popular feature needs to retire anyway. Why would I need to deal with runkeeper just to use the feature. Any platform can create playlists but not every competitor can make such innovative ways of providing customers with top notch features. Running feature was awesome and you just, for no apperant reason removed it. I am not saying I am cancelling my premium but I am very much disappointed. 

fauvemarin
Yah!! I am pretty much in the same place as you with respect to this running mix. I surfaced from my cancer treatments in the spring to find that these mixes were no longer available. I tried to raise this with Spotify but they did not have the grace to even reply to my post. As far as I can tell, they are completely ignoring us. No way to run a business!
emc2fred

give this feature back!

adamandcarrie

Still missing after all this time. 😞