[Browse] Bring back artist page navigation to easily jump to "Fans also like", "About" and "Concert"

The artist pages used to feature buttons/tabs at the top that allowed easily jumping to different sections. Unfortunately, usability of the artist page has degraded with the update in spring 2021.

As a user, I want to be able to quickly find a section on the artist page that does not require me scrolling the entire page up and down until I find the section I'm interested in so that I can quickly navigate to the content I want to see.

This should be an above-the-fold navigation like the tabs/buttons that used to be at the top previously and that allows to view related artists, bio, or concerts.

With the current layout there is no such navigation option, and even when scrolling to the relevant section, only a small portion of the information is shown. Even a very short bio needs to be expanded into a popup requiring an addition navigation step, even worse, the popup is so small that is almost always requires additional scrolling. In particular, the bio section was much better readable in the old version.

Note that with the old navigation, viewing an artists bio was a single click away (if the artist page was opened), now this requires finding the section on the page, clicking, and then scrolling to read the article, similar with related artists and concerts.

There is one additional annoyance: When, for example, clicking on "See all" in the "Fans also like" section, clicking the back button takes the user back to the top of the page instead remembering the scroll position.

Updated on 2021-08-05

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
5hris

Couldn't have said it better.

As a user, it is frustrating and time consuming to scroll all the way to the bottom past many rows of items in order to find options such as "About" and "Fans also like".

There is so much space under the artist banner (see attached screenshot - red box) that goes unused.

And if you are worried about whitespace - the app is already doing a terrible job at spacing its items with the new design, and elements aren't even cohesive and consistent, so it needs fixing anyway.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 15.06.55.png

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-05

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!