[Browse] Global Spotify language preference

Currently, I live and study in Germany, but I don't know the German language at all, and the primary language that I use is English. Because I have a German account I get a lot of recommendations in this language, like podcasts, which I can't understand and are useless for me. I would propose making a global version, where you would get recommendations without being tied to the country you live in. Or, if I could set my primary language, so I can get more recommendations in the language I speak.

TLDR: I want to select the language which I speak, not by the country I live in, or, mostly-English (global) version

Updated on 2020-01-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea. We also changed the title slightly.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea. We also changed the title slightly.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

I would like to suggest adding an option or separate "browse-page" based on global stats, i.e 

trending worldwide or top podcasts worldwide.

Another useful thing would be to be able to filter by multiple languages, since a lot of people speak more than one language.

The fact that Spotify's current podcast support is limiting (or heavily favoring) browsing to podcasts from your country is making me turn to other apps, e.g Podcast Addict.