[Browse] Original album content from release date

When I look for an older album, I frequently get to see a version with remastered songs and added bonuses. I would like to be able to listen to the original album. Example: Trilogy by Emerson Lake and Palmer from 1972. When i open the album (dated 1972) I only see remastered tracks and all sorts of additional stuff. Nice, but now I don't know what was on the album originally.

Thank you,

Rik.

Updated on 2021-08-02

Hello @Alchemyst, and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
verbynotro

This needs more attention. I want to see the original release date of the album and not the date the reissue was released. For example, I've been listening to a ton of jazz albums in recent weeks and it's just incredibly annoying that an album will say that it was released in let's say 1999 and it came out in 1958. I read a comment of someone saying that Spotify should team up with AllMusic to get their release dates correct and I'm inclined to agree.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-02

Hello @Alchemyst, and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!