Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Show upcoming album and release date on artist’s homepage

Spotify doesn’t currently provide any info as to when an upcoming album will be released or even if there’s an upcoming album at all. It would be awesome to add upcoming albums to the artist’s homepage with the expected release date. See Apple Music screenshot.

9B42CCFA-2B7C-4908-BD1E-7F2A20041368.png

Updated on 2022-03-15

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-08

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

drchris

Let's get this feature to come to Spotify!

drlaurax

I can’t believe this isn’t a feature already. Spotify needs to catch up.

Sebax_aka_walker

An interesting idea !!

Gsbond2

I agree this should be a feature, but I think it may be dependent upon artists telling Spotify when they’re albums are coming. 

drchris

Yeah it’s for sure dependent, but artists already do it for Apple Music. It would just be a question of Spotify having the option for artists to do so.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-15

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

jrham

As much as I love surprises, I love when there is a buildup to an album release. It's been boon a drag and an absolute joy to be following Royksopp and their upcoming album release in April. They release little song snipits on various social media platforms followed by a full song release a few days later. So yes, if an artist opts into giving a release date, give them the publicity and advertise their work! Everyone wins!

Prady25

Indeed! Adding a watch list of sorts for new album releases would be great!

kyahwel_5k

This is brilliant.