Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Browse] Show upcoming album and release date on artist’s homepage

Spotify doesn’t currently provide any info as to when an upcoming album will be released or even if there’s an upcoming album at all. It would be awesome to add upcoming albums to the artist’s homepage with the expected release date. See Apple Music screenshot.

9B42CCFA-2B7C-4908-BD1E-7F2A20041368.png

Updated on 2022-03-15

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Marshall3911

It seems to be a reality now , at least for Florence + the Machine next album 

614Athene

And maybe it can be a community space; at least a headline description by news aware people/fans about what the album is heard to be about as of the present. 
I know that is a huge leap (I don't think Spotify has that much social feature yet), but hey something to picture in 10 years.

vittr

I don't know how this doesn't exist on spotify yet, it's so basic 

Sbogs27

Yes please! I recently switched our family plan from Apple to Spotify, and we love every aspect of it BESIDES this. It was so easy to view upcoming albums all genre, genre-specific, etc. Unfortunately, we can’t find that on Spotify. This would be a great update! 

ahasBF

I always thought this is a key missing element of Spotify.  If Apple Music has it, there is Jo reason Spotify can't provide it.

Also, just how many votes actually take ideas to the development/implentation stage?

PaulGregory

This is the main reason I use Apple Music over Spotify, having an idea of an artists upcoming albums release date and track list is fundamental to building hype around an album release. Sort it out Spotify.